Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
O 3O;; The study we do on "Heart of Darkness" is for a comparative study with a common theme of 'moral choices' or 'darkness within the human heart'. I am actually a tad flabbergasted at the mention of a modernist text.

Guys
when you study say chemistry, do you review your notes and then do practice questions?
or
do practice questions and then review your notes?
help pls
I study Physics, not Chemistry, but I mean its still a Science, should be similar.
During the term, as we progress through the syllabus, I write notes, USING the syllabus. I have the dot point, and then the information corresponding to the dot point. Information comes from notes in book from teacher and textbook.

Then its all the past papers I can do.

Last edited:

omglol

HSC
Is it possible to do 11 units instead of 12 units in Year 11 ?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
i did IPT last year and i really happy with my results, so would it be possible to do 9 units in year 12? so its like 11 altogether, and i still have a 'safety net' of sorts?

dont know if i should post it here or in its own thread :/

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
i did IPT last year and i really happy with my results, so would it be possible to do 9 units in year 12? so its like 11 altogether, and i still have a 'safety net' of sorts?

dont know if i should post it here or in its own thread :/

Which subjects were you thinking of having as your 9 units?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Which subjects were you thinking of having as your 9 units?
so i was thinking of 4U english to make a movie all year :) 3 U maths and german

or 3U English 3 U maths and 3U German hehehe i want to study in germany in later life so yeah

i feel that if i make a movie as a major project and then i have only 9 units then that means ill have way more time to perfect it!
It all adds up to 4 board endorsed courses and at least 2 units of english so it should be allowed... right? im not sure about my school though

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
so i was thinking of 4U english to make a movie all year :) 3 U maths and german

or 3U English 3 U maths and 3U German hehehe i want to study in germany in later life so yeah

i feel that if i make a movie as a major project and then i have only 9 units then that means ill have way more time to perfect it!
It all adds up to 4 board endorsed courses and at least 2 units of english so it should be allowed... right? im not sure about my school though
BOth of your options should be allowed.

Do you have any experience with german?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
BOth of your options should be allowed.

Do you have any experience with german?
awesome! I'm just not sure becuase my school has big expectations and say that most people dont use their IPT units, and they are always so iffy about weird subject choices etc.

yeah ive been learning it for 3 years already and have gone on an 8 week exchange last christmas and chat/skype with my german buddies pretty often :)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
awesome! I'm just not sure becuase my school has big expectations and say that most people dont use their IPT units, and they are always so iffy about weird subject choices etc.

yeah ive been learning it for 3 years already and have gone on an 8 week exchange last christmas and chat/skype with my german buddies pretty often :)
Choose the option that makes you happiest :)

The thing with the film is , you don't know if the markers will like it or not

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
yeah i hope they'll let me!

and yeah, i've heard that alot, but I do enjoy making them, and want to study it in uni. also im not great at writing essays and things, and seeing that 2 units of english have to count, then my first two probably wont be that good ugh.

anyway thanks for the help :)

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i hope they'll let me!

and yeah, i've heard that alot, but I do enjoy making them, and want to study it in uni. also im not great at writing essays and things, and seeing that 2 units of english have to count, then my first two probably wont be that good ugh.

anyway thanks for the help :)
It's alright !

Good luck with it .

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

As long as you have 10 units all up then you should be good. If you are ranked well then it would be fine to do 9 units in year 12.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
As long as you have 10 units all up then you should be good. If you are ranked well then it would be fine to do 9 units in year 12.
Thanks! idk my school is very picky

Yeah i actually just heard from my friend today that: "even with accelerated, your final year must have ten units worth of study, even if some are only board endorsed courses (neither of our schools run)"

is that true? so that its 10 units worth of HOURS and stuff? that seems a little dodgy and very annoying

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks! idk my school is very picky

Yeah i actually just heard from my friend today that: "even with accelerated, your final year must have ten units worth of study, even if some are only board endorsed courses (neither of our schools run)"

is that true? so that its 10 units worth of HOURS and stuff? that seems a little dodgy and very annoying
I don't think that is correct given some students elect to undertake pathways and only study 3 units worth of HSC per year.

Your friend may be confused with the rule you need 10 units in order to be eligible for an ATAR.

What do you need to achieve an ATAR?
To be eligible to obtain a full ATAR you must complete:
 Six Preliminary subjects (12 units)
 at least five HSC subjects to give ten HSC units from Board Developed subjects including at
least two units of English
 the Board Developed subjects must include at least three subjects of two units or greater
 at least four subjects
 no more than two units of VET courses can be counted towards a full ATAR.
The ATAR is calculated using two units of English and the next eight highest ranking units.
The ATAR can be accumulated over five years of part-time study
What needs to be done to
complete the HSC?
To be eligible for the award of the Higher
School Certificate, BOSTES requires you to
satisfactorily complete:
 at least 6 Preliminary subjects (minimum
12 units)
 at least 5 HSC subjects (minimum
 10 units)
 a compulsory English subject
 at least six units of Board Developed
subjects
 The HSC: All My Own Work program or
equivalent.

http://www.oten.tafensw.edu.au/resource/coursefile/55376/19361-cib-2014ver2.2.pdf

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I don't think that is correct given some students elect to undertake pathways and only study 3 units worth of HSC per year.

Your friend may be confused with the rule you need 10 units in order to be eligible for an ATAR.

What do you need to achieve an ATAR?
To be eligible to obtain a full ATAR you must complete:
 Six Preliminary subjects (12 units)
 at least five HSC subjects to give ten HSC units from Board Developed subjects including at
least two units of English
 the Board Developed subjects must include at least three subjects of two units or greater
 at least four subjects
 no more than two units of VET courses can be counted towards a full ATAR.
The ATAR is calculated using two units of English and the next eight highest ranking units.
The ATAR can be accumulated over five years of part-time study
What needs to be done to
complete the HSC?
To be eligible for the award of the Higher
School Certificate, BOSTES requires you to
satisfactorily complete:
 at least 6 Preliminary subjects (minimum
12 units)
 at least 5 HSC subjects (minimum
 10 units)
 a compulsory English subject
 at least six units of Board Developed
subjects
 The HSC: All My Own Work program or
equivalent.

http://www.oten.tafensw.edu.au/resource/coursefile/55376/19361-cib-2014ver2.2.pdf
oh riiiight!!! thanks! yeah i think she was confused about that, and now to come to think of it i know quite a few people who have been doing HSC over 3 years or so. ill ask my school and stuff anyway, but its an exciting prospect to look forward to!

thankyou for all the help! :)

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
oh riiiight!!! thanks! yeah i think she was confused about that, and now to come to think of it i know quite a few people who have been doing HSC over 3 years or so. ill ask my school and stuff anyway, but its an exciting prospect to look forward to!

thankyou for all the help! :)
I watched you're youtube video :lol:

It was really good :D

#physicsskillspeaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)