Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
From the sounds of it, you and physics sounds better than me and chem
*realises you have the exact same subjects as me bar physics*
Hahahah! What did you do instead of Chemistry?
I find Physics really, really challenging, but I still somehow get through it.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
But man, I don't have a strong performance in Maths that overshadows Physics like you LOL I think my Physics is much better than my Maths Extension 1. I'm going to be an 11U kid.

Whilst I agree with the whole diversity in subjects, if that was applied, I wouldn't make it in the HSC LOL. I always fall asleep in Geography and History, and I barely passed in Year 10 because I lost all the fucks I could give. Language though, I did Japanese for 4 years and decided to not continue on my Language studies into senior school, so I had to drop it because it just wasn't as strong of a subject as Economics or Business Studies for me. And it was rigorous in the constant vocabulary and grammar.
There aren't many subjects that can match or better MX1's scaling (MX2 and some Extension languages). Even if you're average in MX1, it can definitely outscale your Physics.

Funnily enough, my MX1 and MX2 internal ranks were both worse than my Physics rank.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
At one point in Year 9, I was sure that I'd pick Chemistry and Physics.

By Year 10, I was contemplating upon the humanities trio of Economics, Business and Legal.

Ended up with Economics, Business and Physics (one science cause it's Science - it was my choice really cause my parents had no idea what was going on).

Went Physics tutoring in Years 11 and 12, did better in Year 12 physics than in Year 11 physics but ultimately, it didn't even count (12 units person) for me.

#SoBasicallyIWasANoSciencesKidInEssence

My thoughts when I hear people doing the science trio of Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

That being said, I think BOSTES needs to promote subject diversity in Year 11/12.

In SE Asian countries, you don't even have a choice most of the time even in your final years of schooling. Imagine compulsory Geography in Year 12 (unless you're a Geography kid already) or a compulsory language in Year 12.

For example, it should be compulsory to do at least:
- a level of English
- a level of Mathematics
- a Science subject
- a History/Social Science subject
- a Language
* (asterisk because it's probably not as fundamental as the 4 areas above)

A well rounded education is important.
That means i'm pree well rounded :D

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
There aren't many subjects that can match or better MX1's scaling (MX2 and some Extension languages). Even if you're average in MX1, it can definitely outscale your Physics.

Funnily enough, my MX1 and MX2 internal ranks were both worse than my Physics rank.
My Physics rank and Maths Extension 1 rank are around the same. Actually, my Extension 1 rank was 7 positions better than my Mathematics rank. And my Mathematics rank was the worst in my half yearly report even though I got all 90% + marks.
Well! All I can hope for is a strong performance in all of my subjects next year :D And hope that my ranks in Year 11 translate to Year 12 and keep consistent or improve

matchalolz

HSC
Hahahah! What did you do instead of Chemistry?
I find Physics really, really challenging, but I still somehow get through it.
You've probably never heard of it but I do something called Financial Services

can guarantee that MX1 scaling is beast, at one point I was doing shit and considered dropping but it outscaled business studies in every single atar estimate

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You've probably never heard of it but I do something called Financial Services

can guarantee that MX1 scaling is beast, at one point I was doing shit and considered dropping but it outscaled business studies in every single atar estimate
Ah! Financial Services sounds like an Accounting-like subject.

LOL well I will be keeping all my subjects except for English Extension 1. And even though subjects like Economics, Physics and Mathematics Extension 1 outscale my Business Studies, I still would like to achieve a Band 6 in ALL, if not, most of my subjects, so I can try aim for my ATAR goal of about 95. (But I only need about 93 raw because 5 bonus marks, yeahyeahyeah)

andrew12678

HSC
I think atar notes is probably more accurate than ones run by tutoring companies like Matrix as they intend to use it to advertise. However in general I feel that they are all pretty accurate from the feedback of past graduates

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I think atar notes is probably more accurate than ones run by tutoring companies like Matrix as they intend to use it to advertise. However in general I feel that they are all pretty accurate from the feedback of past graduates
Yeah, I used ATAR Notes & Talent 100 calculator, maybe I'll do both and have a look :D

Last edited:

matchalolz

HSC
Ah! Financial Services sounds like an Accounting-like subject.

LOL well I will be keeping all my subjects except for English Extension 1. And even though subjects like Economics, Physics and Mathematics Extension 1 outscale my Business Studies, I still would like to achieve a Band 6 in ALL, if not, most of my subjects, so I can try aim for my ATAR goal of about 95. (But I only need about 93 raw because 5 bonus marks, yeahyeahyeah)
yep i really enjoyed the accounting part last year because it clicked with me more than anything ever has but this year = retarded theory and rote learning of random whs, and policies/issues relevant issues to workplace (essentially business studies hr)

haha I dropped english extension as well. I also aim to get all band 6s but i won't care much if i don't, just a personal goal

AppleTea

HSC
So my I lost my electric toothbrush the other day and so I started sharing with my bro using different heads of course buttt I haven't had to change mine in about a week??? Either he's really grotty or he's been using my toothbrush head... both possibilities are disgusting :eek:

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
So my I lost my electric toothbrush the other day and so I started sharing with my bro using different heads of course buttt I haven't had to change mine in about a week??? Either he's really grotty or he's been using my toothbrush head... both possibilities are disgusting :eek:
easy fix, get a new toothbrush...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)