Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleTea

HSC
You never answered any of my questions :c

I am in double Physics right now :)
Never seen you ask any questions lol...
BoS is the shiz i'm just taking all the legal study resources and it's so sweet

How's physics though? my brother found it so hard and dropped it..

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Never seen you ask any questions lol...
BoS is the shiz i'm just taking all the legal study resources and it's so sweet

How's physics though? my brother found it so hard and dropped it..
"And "Miss Perfect"?! Where did that come from!"

I was going to take Accelerated Business, Economics AND LEGAL STUDIES. But my parents told me I had to do Physics AND/OR Chemistry.
So what is Legal Studies like?

Physics is challenging for me, I am really weak in Science but its not something I can't overcome.
Still got a good rank despite terrible assessment marks.

AppleTea

HSC
Legal Studies is pretty good like it's just knowledge based and remembering cases and that. Plus it's relevant to our lives so that makes it more interesting

AppleTea

HSC
Yeh but for legal it's pretty easy to get decent marks even without proper study/prep, for prelims at least... I reckon hsc year I'm going to have to memorise sooo many cases n that

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yeh but for legal it's pretty easy to get decent marks even without proper study/prep, for prelims at least... I reckon hsc year I'm going to have to memorise sooo many cases n that
Yeah, in business I just remember and remember. Never any actual understanding except in finance

teridax

HSC
N/A
There's gonna be loads more memorising in year 12, dw :haha:

esp. PDHPE, modern history and legal studies

and let's not forget english ahaha - roting 4 essays and 1 creative for trials ftw

Yeah, in business I just remember and remember. Never any actual understanding except in finance
heard my friends say that bio akin business in that you must memorise everything

That's why I love phys too eeee I'm gonna miss it so much next year :(
i never liked science tbh :haha:

well the hsc version of sciences weren't my liking in year 11, but uni science seems to be the fucking shit

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
There's gonna be loads more memorising in year 12, dw :haha:

esp. PDHPE, modern history and legal studies

and let's not forget english ahaha - roting 4 essays and 1 creative for trials ftw

heard my friends say that bio akin business in that you must memorise everything

i never liked science tbh :haha:

well the hsc version of sciences weren't my liking in year 11, but uni science seems to be the fucking shit
Yup! Bio, Business Studies, Ancient History etc etc...all infamous for being "difficult" because memorisation.
I SUCK at memorisation but I just keep cramming in the information every week XD

I never liked Science either, and I'm still "Meh" about Science BUT parents required me to do a Science subject. And here I am.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Yup! Bio, Business Studies, Ancient History etc etc...all infamous for being "difficult" because memorisation.
I SUCK at memorisation but I just keep cramming in the information every week XD

I never liked Science either, and I'm still "Meh" about Science BUT parents required me to do a Science subject. And here I am.
Wow you're so obedient lol if I we're you I would've been like fk it imma choosing the subjects I like

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

matchalolz

HSC

my parents made me enrol in chemistry but after the first lesson i was like f dis shit and forged a note. Arguably the one of the best decisions of my life and parents are happy now. Most parents will get over it?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Wow you're so obedient lol if I we're you I would've been like fk it imma choosing the subjects I like

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
LOL they did give me a choice, not really, if I wanted to do a Science, the one I would want to do would be Biology (just because I find it super interesting, that taste in the DNA topic we did in Year 10 really sparked my interest). But they firmly said "Physics OR Chemistry". Yeah, I would say I'm a pretty obedient kid, except I have a boyfriend and sometimes I sneak out or lie to them about going out with mates, but thats as crazy as I get :D

my parents made me enrol in chemistry but after the first lesson i was like f dis shit and forged a note. Arguably the one of the best decisions of my life and parents are happy now. Most parents will get over it?
LOL I was given the choice of Physics or Chemistry and I knew I was better at Physics, so thats what I'm doing now. Its not too bad, I got a decent half yearly rank (10th out of 50-something) and a pretty bad assessment mark to go with it :D! I don't know what I would've picked, honestly, maybe the three Business-y Humanities which would've been a combination of Business Studies, Economics AND Legal Studies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
LOL I was given the choice of Physics or Chemistry and I knew I was better at Physics, so thats what I'm doing now. Its not too bad, I got a decent half yearly rank (10th out of 50-something) and a pretty bad assessment mark to go with it :D! I don't know what I would've picked, honestly, maybe the three Business-y Humanities which would've been a combination of Business Studies, Economics AND Legal Studies.
Im gonna puke

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
"And "Miss Perfect"?! Where did that come from!"

I was going to take Accelerated Business, Economics AND LEGAL STUDIES. But my parents told me I had to do Physics AND/OR Chemistry.
So what is Legal Studies like?

Physics is challenging for me, I am really weak in Science but its not something I can't overcome.
Still got a good rank despite terrible assessment marks.
At one point in Year 9, I was sure that I'd pick Chemistry and Physics.

By Year 10, I was contemplating upon the humanities trio of Economics, Business and Legal.

Ended up with Economics, Business and Physics (one science cause it's Science - it was my choice really cause my parents had no idea what was going on).

Went Physics tutoring in Years 11 and 12, did better in Year 12 physics than in Year 11 physics but ultimately, it didn't even count (12 units person) for me.

#SoBasicallyIWasANoSciencesKidInEssence

Im gonna puke
My thoughts when I hear people doing the science trio of Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

That being said, I think BOSTES needs to promote subject diversity in Year 11/12.

In SE Asian countries, you don't even have a choice most of the time even in your final years of schooling. Imagine compulsory Geography in Year 12 (unless you're a Geography kid already) or a compulsory language in Year 12.

For example, it should be compulsory to do at least:
- a level of English
- a level of Mathematics
- a Science subject
- a History/Social Science subject
- a Language* (asterisk because it's probably not as fundamental as the 4 areas above)

A well rounded education is important.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
At one point in Year 9, I was sure that I'd pick Chemistry and Physics.

By Year 10, I was contemplating upon the humanities trio of Economics, Business and Legal.

Ended up with Economics, Business and Physics (one science cause it's Science - it was my choice really cause my parents had no idea what was going on).

Went Physics tutoring in Years 11 and 12, did better in Year 12 physics than in Year 11 physics but ultimately, it didn't even count (12 units person) for me.

#SoBasicallyIWasANoSciencesKidInEssence

My thoughts when I hear people doing the science trio of Chemistry, Physics and Biology.

That being said, I think BOSTES needs to promote subject diversity in Year 11/12.

In SE Asian countries, you don't even have a choice most of the time even in your final years of schooling. Imagine compulsory Geography in Year 12 (unless you're a Geography kid already) or a compulsory language in Year 12.

For example, it should be compulsory to do at least:
- a level of English
- a level of Mathematics
- a Science subject
- a History/Social Science subject
- a Language* (asterisk because it's probably not as fundamental as the 4 areas above)

A well rounded education is important.
But man, I don't have a strong performance in Maths that overshadows Physics like you LOL I think my Physics is much better than my Maths Extension 1. I'm going to be an 11U kid.

Whilst I agree with the whole diversity in subjects, if that was applied, I wouldn't make it in the HSC LOL. I always fall asleep in Geography and History, and I barely passed in Year 10 because I lost all the fucks I could give. Language though, I did Japanese for 4 years and decided to not continue on my Language studies into senior school, so I had to drop it because it just wasn't as strong of a subject as Economics or Business Studies for me. And it was rigorous in the constant vocabulary and grammar.

And its pretty hilarious, I'm the Social Science kid, and my boyfriend was the first person I met and knew who did the three Sciences and I was like "Are you fucking nuts?" and vice versa when he heard that I wanted to pick Business Studies, Economics and Legal when I was in Year 9/10

Last edited:

matchalolz

HSC
From the sounds of it, you and physics sounds better than me and chem
*realises you have the exact same subjects as me bar physics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)