Predict Ancient (1 Viewer)

Rachygurl

HSC
maths and ancient= gay!!! then music....anyways, for fall of rome, 2nd trium and prob pompeys role in decline, caesar, early background n gaul, pompeii, ethics definately, maybs forum, religion, and politicalsparta, if it gives me army im screwed!!! hopefully women and agoge and religion and syssitia!!!not lookin forward to tha rome section tho, thats my weakest area!!!

babycakes.

HSC
when you look at the syllabus, the final question is pretty much assured to be on either conservation and ethics or restoration stuff. the pompeii stuff should all be pretty simple really. im more worried about the historical period. im doing persia and i have no idea about any of it. oops.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
can someone please tell me what were talking about when we say ' private houses ' ?

laram

HSC
ancient history is like tomrw and i havent learnt 2 of the 4 topics... stress overload!! =( .. and on top of that i have maths which i havent studied yet coz of ancient! god help me lol.. is ani1 in the same position as mee who hasnt studied enough yet for ancient tomrw?
lol omg yes! ive spent all of yesterday doing Pompeii..this morning did cleopatra and gunna do sparta and persian wars later. AND plus i have maths to work on aswell. gahhh. seriously y couldnt they just be normal and put general maths on the same time as adv maths. :(

Phileeerrrp

HSC
I have a feeling that the 8 mark question will be about leisure activities in P+H, or possibly occupations imports and exports in the society. Also plausible to suggest Religion might get a go this year. The 10 marker will be something assessing technology and excavation of the site.
Last years Spartan society questions were fairly hard, with Woman being the 8 marker and the influence of Lycurgus being the 12 mark Q. This year ide say the 8 mark question will surround Religious festivals, and the 12 marker will be assess the importance of military in daily life, through the Agoge etc.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
maths and ancient= gay!!! then music
I'm in the same boat. It's the only thing I hate about the timetable.

10 mark for Pompeii and Herculaneum is usually about ethics, conservation, restoration etc. though.
My teacher believes that at least one of the essay questions for Greece 800-400BC will be on either colonisation, tyranny, Solon or Cleisthenes.

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
I think P + H 4 marker = economy.. industry? 8 marker, my guess it ISNT going to be religion as it has been done in 07 and the specimen paper.10 marker, either display of human remains or conservation.I've got the Maths Ancient double up too. Crap considering I would have really liked one whole day for ancient. Society will be my down fall... Uh.

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
can someone please tell me what were talking about when we say ' private houses ' ?
Private houses.. including all the rooms.. e.g. House of the tragic poet has a good representation of the common, reoccuring rooms e.g. triclinium, culina, atrium, impluvium. I can't spell. Sorry.Perhaps bring in house hold shrines, pater famalias...Also stuff like.. many houses doubled as workshops and shops along the via dell abondanza, suggesting industries, econmic circumstances.There were one room apartments for the poor and slaves, some houses actually had separate living quarters for the slaves (house of vetti e.g.)Theres heaps more like town houses, various story houses. But Thats all I can get off the top of my head (sadly)

mamoz

HSC
I'm in the same boat. It's the only thing I hate about the timetable.

10 mark for Pompeii and Herculaneum is usually about ethics, conservation, restoration etc. though.
My teacher believes that at least one of the essay questions for Greece 800-400BC will be on either colonisation, tyranny, Solon or Cleisthenes.
yeee im hopingg for DEMOCRACY =) or solonn because im ready for them lol

elliegrace

HSC
I have a feeling that the 8 mark question will be about leisure activities in P+H, or possibly occupations imports and exports in the society. Also plausible to suggest Religion might get a go this year. The 10 marker will be something assessing technology and excavation of the site.
Last years Spartan society questions were fairly hard, with Woman being the 8 marker and the influence of Lycurgus being the 12 mark Q. This year ide say the 8 mark question will surround Religious festivals, and the 12 marker will be assess the importance of military in daily life, through the Agoge etc.
they are great sparta questions!!it coud be worse and get a 10 mark on cultural life!i think education system and political structure or organisational stucture might get a go in..

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
Private houses.. including all the rooms.. e.g. House of the tragic poet has a good representation of the common, reoccuring rooms e.g. triclinium, culina, atrium, impluvium. I can't spell. Sorry.Perhaps bring in house hold shrines, pater famalias...Also stuff like.. many houses doubled as workshops and shops along the via dell abondanza, suggesting industries, econmic circumstances.There were one room apartments for the poor and slaves, some houses actually had separate living quarters for the slaves (house of vetti e.g.)Theres heaps more like town houses, various story houses. But Thats all I can get off the top of my head (sadly)
thanks heaps :) ahhaa much more than i could right now. iv focused way to much on the other subtopics p&h are my weakest. must do some serious cramming tonight -.-

tku336

HSC
The two bullet points which haven't been asked for Pompeii Section 3 are: conservation and recreation, and ethics.

blabla91

HSC
does anyone have the independent trail paper?!
or the catholic for 09?
HSC Trial Papers & Past Preliminary Papers - only has independent trial for 2009 but also has lots of others from past years

Well i wrote notes for pompeii yesterday and learnt cleo this morning.. still have to learn my other two units which are both ASSYRIA! does anyone even learn assyri apart from my school?

My prediction for P + H is: industry, trade or occupations for a four mark, private houses or villas for an 8 mark (with stimulus of a floor plan of one of the houses maybe?) and ethics for the 10 mark... could also be a phases of eruption for 4 mark?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
not looking forward to this at all.

p+h isn't much of a worry, due to it being so general.
but everything else is just going to rip into me because it is soo boringg like fuck me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)