Predict Ancient (1 Viewer)

chaldoking

HSC
Agrippina: You are going to get questions that enable the markers to discriminate between students. So for example you wll not get asked HOW Agrippina was killed, but WHY she was killed. The same goes for the other dot-point's in the personality.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
that can be applied so well to pericles.
obviously you can discuss why, but not for the amount of marks they're expecting.

astha6

HSC
I love the BOS for having the exam in the arvo and hate them for the same reason -I have maths the next day and will actually just get 2 hours or something of maths revision. Ah well, I dont care much for maths anyway :) 1) Pompeii: I REALLY THINK THEY'LL ASK ABOUT HOUSING. if any of you went to a lecture at macquarie uni earlier this year where this italian guy talked about housing (there were 50 teachers and like 10 students), one the teachers there said in a VERY suss way "hmm they havn't asked about housing in the past papers, perhaps they will this year..." so YEAH, like layout of private villas and urban housing etc. I agree with political/ social structure, and I'm PRAYING theres no ethics and more conservation/restoration stuff since GUZZO RETIRED THIS YEAR HOW SAD :( 2)New Kingdom Egypt society: erm, roles of th pharoah/ women/ economy/ literature 3)Fall of the Roman Republic: 2nd Triumvirate/ Pompey but really i just wish they ask about Sulla, my life would be so much easier 4)Caesar: gallic campaigns/ early life/reforms well anyway DONT HATE ME if this is wrong, coz i'll be the one getting owned the most. I like you all since you do ancient history YAY GOOD LUCK!

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I really, sincerely, honest to god cross my heart and hope to die, hate ancient more than all of my subjects (with the exception of maybe maths). It kills me that I have such a nice teacher and hate the subject so much. My knowledge on just about every unit is abysmal; Athenian Society, Caesar, Greek World 446-399. I was counting on being able to do well in this because maths sure as hell isn't going to be counted, but I think I'm out of luck. I don't understand how people can commit so much information to memory! I applaud you all. No matter how much I read, or how many notes I make, I just can't seem to remember all the names / places / terms that I need to know. 12 hours out from the exam and I'm still mixing up names of people from different units, forgetting which orders things happened, etc. I hate myself for spending the first 9 months of the course actually trying to FIND information (particularly sources) on half of the units before I could even start learning most of it.

I hope everyone else is feeling more confident than I am - I'm kicking myself for choosing this subject because unless we're blessed with really lucky questions it's going to bring down my ATAR enormously.

Last edited:
The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
Following the BOS' record of questions this year the 10 mark could be something like "Assess the bombing of pompeii by the allies in ww2" I agree with politics and maybe social structure, influences, private buildings.. Agrippina role during Caligula hasn't been asked yet, whilst Claudius has been a fewimes. Interpretations hasn't been asked yet but achievements have, so not sure about legacy. Could ask another one on her death or marriages. Fucked for Augustan Age...
WTF! I was never taught anything to do with WWII.. I recall a bloke called Mussoleni being mentioned.. Are you serious? Will I seriously need to know this??

apple pancake

HSC
Hey everyone. Got ancient today. oh god. I don't half the stuff about the julio claudian period. Oh well. Got maths tomorrow and thats more important
I hope that none of the stuff on sparta or P and H ask about religion

kazzaduh

HSC
ITS TODAYY! ohhhh no, kinda dreading it but really want to know what the questions are.For P+H, I hope they ask about Private/Public housing...and the 10 marker would most probably be something to do with ethics/conservation..Hatshepsut I hope its her Legacy, or building programs.NKE-Thutmose IV: Wars against the Hyksos *fingers crossed* or the contribution of queens...

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Really really really dreading this paper. I'm frantically still trying to squash as much information into my brain as I can, and will continue to do so until I go to school, at which point I will use my remaining time trying to memorise views of sources, who I always seem to mix up.

Hopefully we all get a run of questions that we're prepared for. Good luck everyone!

Katherwin

HSC
I really hope we get a question on the Second Triumvirate. Eep. Good luck everyone!

RBKSoulja

HSC
anybody reckon they give local government, economy, tourism, ethical issues or conservation issues?? and maybe everyday life and influence from foreign cultures??

Last edited:

Blobulator

HSC
+1... too much to remember. I wish there was some way to erase it from the brain straight after exams to make room for the next subject. not lookinh forward to 25 marks on julio-claudians.
Same here, except Old Kingdom Egypt instead of the Julio-Claudians. I'm stressing out majorly... the topics are just too damn large. I'm pretty much scouring the syllabus and just trying to work out what questions they're likely to ask. *sigh* I feel sick.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
reading through my notes and shit
reckon pericles is going to be about military career.
but i sure as fuck hope not.

HailSatan

HSC
I'm hoping the Persian Wars question is something to do with leadership

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)