Post Your 2015 Sem 1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

HSC
But can i do discrete mathematics or any two maths courses as long as they aren't excluded? Someone told me that a booklet given by UNSW says that i have to do ECON1101, ACCT1501 (for eco) and any two stage 1 science courses. does that mean i can do two maths courses including discrete maths as well as pick 2 free electives (and if so where do you this Free electives, not compulsory right??

I just feel i will probably struggle with overload of science content.

Last edited:

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
But can i do discrete mathematics? Someone told me that a booklet given by UNSW says that i have to do ECON1101, ACCT1501 (for eco) and any two stage 1 science courses. does that mean i can do two maths courses including discrete maths as well as pick 2 free electives (and if so where do you this Free electives?

I just feel i will probably struggle with overload of science content.
Sure thing you can do Discrete Maths. Since I am also doing the degree I choose: ACCT1501, ECON1101, FINS1613 and MATH1131. Now I have used 1 of my free electives do the finance course but that is up to you.

EDIT: Since you want to transfer I would not do discrete and do something commerce related using your free elective and do MATH1231 in second semester so if you transfer you will NOT have to do ECON 1202 and 1203

Last edited:
HSC
so we only get 2 free electives throughout the entire program right? So i could do a compulsory comm/eco course that is not excluded by Maths 1101 as well as a compulsory course for eco/science such as ECON2101. or is that not possible? are you allowed to choose compulsory courses of other programs and/or eco/science. otherwise, i'm thinking about FINS1613.

So the free electives still count for WAM even if you aren't going to transfer.

Thanks for replying and good luck to you in transferring into the course that you want.

Last edited:
HSC
How can you choose free electives? Can it be anything or can it be a compulsory course from any other program or does it have to be flexible course like FINS1613

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
so we only get 2 free electives throughout the entire program right? So i could do a compulsory comm/eco course that is not excluded by Maths 1101 as well as a compulsory course for eco/science such as ECON2101. or is that not possible? are you allowed to choose compulsory courses of other programs and/or eco/science. otherwise, i'm thinking about FINS1613.

So the free electives still count for WAM even if you aren't going to transfer.

Thanks for replying and good luck to you in transferring into the course that you want.
If you want to do Comm/Econ I would recommend you look at the handbook ( http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2015/3521.html ) as it will tell you what courses you need to do before you graduate. Free electives will count towards your WAM in comm/eco as long as the elective is part of the degree and if not it should be considered a general ed course. I would recommend replacing your MAth1031 with a Flexible core Commerce/Eco course (It's in the handbook - link above) as then if you do transfer next year you will not have to do that course.

HSC
So should i replace MATH1031 or MATH1131 like you said yesterday? I cant do ACCT1511 right? So i could FINS1613? Why do i feel like the only one so confused. If i do replace MATH1031 like you say, and in the end i don't want to transfer, yet still doing MATH1131. Doesn't it matter since MATH1031 is a compulsory course.

Last edited:

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
So should i replace MATH1031 or MATH1131 like you said yesterday? I cant do ACCT1511 right? So i could FINS1613? Why do i feel like the only one so confused. If i do replace MATH1031 like you say, and in the end i don't want to transfer, yet still doing MATH1131. Doesn't it matter since MATH1031 is a compulsory course.
1. Replace MATH1031 with another course which has NO prequisites and don't do FINS1613 because I think it's full but maybe it's not. If you don't want to transfer and DON'T want to major in mathematics in the science degree drop MATH1131 with another course and keep MATH1031.

F33l free to PM/Inbox me here so we don't clog up this thread as it is meant for posting your timetable for S1, thanks :)

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
Science/Law

Guys any opinions/thoughts? I feel a bit overwhelmed with the gaps (how do I even pass the time lol) and all those long days, but I guess I have a long weekend every week...
Time during breaks goes by very quickly. Especially if you share it with friends. And want to eat. I find it hard to get into the mood to study for an hour between classes. I think your timetable is pretty standard for science/law and you can prepare for labs during your breaks by pre-reading them, or spend your breaks revising on the lectures you had earlier in the day.

D94

HSC
N/A
Science/Law

Guys any opinions/thoughts? I feel a bit overwhelmed with the gaps (how do I even pass the time lol) and all those long days, but I guess I have a long weekend every week...
Lunch.

Dw, time passes really quickly, especially since you have a few long walks. It's probably better for you that you have those gaps.

Monday: Law to Bioscience is essentially walking from one of the campus to the other end. (I would actually take the bus since it's that far)
Tuesday: Mathews to Law is a tad shorter than from Bioscience, but still a long walk. Then you have Law to Clancy, which is pretty much walking back up campus the same distance.
Thursday: CLB to Law is shorter than the above, but still a fair walk.

Last edited:
HSC
Why does this keep happening?

Unable to swap course MATH1131 due to class meeting clashes . Please select other class meetings available.

But there isn't any?

dw i can see it.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
WOW is the campus actually that big? haha okay that's pretty good :) it seems like I'll forever be running to chemistry, because that's the only subject which I have not left gaps before :L
Yeah it's actually quite far - Law to Bioscience. Around 800m going uphill. Yeah with CHEM, just noticed that on Monday, but at least it's a lecture and also, if it's anything like my Physics labs, you are expected to complete your BABS lab work 20 minutes before the end, so that should work in your favour. Your other back to back classes are fine.

HSC
timetable.PNG

How is the timetable in terms of not being late to classes? how many minutes late max? the lecturers don't allow you to leave early. stupid question, i know.

mreditor16

HSC
Lunch.

Dw, time passes really quickly, especially since you have a few long walks. It's probably better for you that you have those gaps.

Monday: Law to Bioscience is essentially walking from one of the campus to the other end. (I would actually take the bus since it's that far)
Tuesday: Mathews to Law is a tad shorter than from Bioscience, but still a long walk. Then you have Law to Clancy, which is pretty much walking back up campus the same distance.
Thursday: CLB to Law is shorter than the above, but still a fair walk.
glhf HPF!

D94

HSC
N/A
whattttt 800m is like a 5 minute walk haha!

Oh that's good though, so I can be alright to reach chem in time (usually). May be hard on Thursday (chem lecture after law) but everything else is okay :)

one thing which I'm not sure about is that I've put MATH1131 Tutorial 2 on Monday and Tutorial 1 on Wednesday... would that make a difference?
No issues there. One will be a calculus tutorial, the other, algebra. They are independent of each other.

D94

HSC
N/A
View attachment 31716

How is the timetable in terms of not being late to classes? how many minutes late max? the lecturers don't allow you to leave early. stupid question, i know.
Should be fine, i.e. you won't be late if you leave 5 minutes to the hour since classes are meant to start 5 minutes past the hour.

And in an adult learning environment, you can leave whenever you want to. No one can stop you. You don't need to ask.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
View attachment 31716

Your timetable is pretty good when it comes to the location of back to back classes. You may be a little late (3-5 minutes) from red centre to CLB7 and CLB7 To the Quad. Classes usually start 5 minutes past the hour and end 5 minutes to but that can be variable if you have a rambling tutor or a lecturer who isn't very conscious of the time. You can leave lectures early if you want!

HSC
I changed it now, is it better than before or worse? Because I have a 3 hour gap for wednesday but i could move it to a 3 hour block after ACCT1501? should i leave it or change?Real Timetable.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)