Post Your 2014 Sem1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

Underjelly

HSC
is the walk from Law theatre to Mathews theatre possible if I have 2 lectures back to back? I'm aware that I should have 10 minutes to get there with lectures starting 5 past and finishing 5 to the hour but I was wondering if you experienced people thought it was okay?

Alkanes

HSC
is the walk from Law theatre to Mathews theatre possible if I have 2 lectures back to back? I'm aware that I should have 10 minutes to get there with lectures starting 5 past and finishing 5 to the hour but I was wondering if you experienced people thought it was okay?
It is quite a walk. I think it'll take 10 minutes to walk from mathews to law (depending on how fast you walk..or run?). If you're worried about this, you can always leave a lecture early.

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
I did that walk a lot last semester, as long as lectures don't run late then you'll get there just in time. and if you miss a few minutes of the start of a lecture or leave a lecture a few minutes early you will hardly miss much. make sure you're in shape! ;)

Candidate

HSC
Just a question about enrolment, how many Law courses should I start with in S1? I was thinking Crime and the Criminal Process and Introducing Law and Justice (part of the core) with two International studies courses (ARTS1810 and a prescribed elective from another stream since ARTS1811 courses aren't running in S1 apparently).

Mitsunami

HSC
UNSW 2014 Sem 1 Timetable.PNG

Dat friday lecture. Should I spread my schedule from monday/tuesday to friday?

D94

HSC
N/A
View attachment 29755

Dat friday lecture. Should I spread my schedule from monday/tuesday to friday?
I don't advocate this, but in that situation, you are better off just not attending that lecture (unless you leave extremely close to uni).

Can you not structure it so Tuesday is free? It seems like it's all option based, i.e. tutorials and labs, so you could move things around.

Mitsunami

HSC
Oh damn.. you should squeeze that Friday one somewhere in the 4 days if you prefer 4 days. To me, Friday would piss me off :haha:
That's the thing, all the physics lectures have at least one on Friday /:

As a general guide. If you had one lecture that only goes for 1 hour and especially on a Friday. Many people would opt to stay home instead.
Lol that's what I thought! Now, if only PHYS1121 has an option that excludes Friday I would be set.

I don't advocate this, but in that situation, you are better off just not attending that lecture (unless you leave extremely close to uni).

Can you not structure it so Tuesday is free? It seems like it's all option based, i.e. tutorials and labs, so you could move things around.
Yep I live pretty far so that's a no go /: You mean, shift some stuff from Tuesday to Friday?

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW Semester1-a.png

Will I survive? (eating during lectures? - well..eating very subtly).

Last edited:

so_what

HSC
IIRC they don't mark attendance for lectures (correct me if i'm wrong) but they do for tutes.
They're trying to enforce attendance in some lectures now so they have started marking them. Depends on the lecturer usually.

so_what

HSC
View attachment 29759

Will I survive? (eating during lectures? - well..eating very subtly).
You'll be fine. I had 9-4 straight once before and I did it. And yes, I ate during lectures. My advice is don't bring things that have a strong smell or are wrapped in aluminium foil or something equally loud when opening.

williamdaft

HSC
View attachment 29760

Is mine crowded or something?:/
:/ you might want to change Tuesday and Thursday..
Tuesday - 9am - 2pm, you might starve a bit in that 5hr back to back lect/tut/lab.. and you need to walk a fair bit between each one.
Thursday - 11am - 5pm.... 6 hour non-stop ? o_O Dude you need a break somewhere in like 1 or 2pm for lunch lol

I suggest a gap in those 2 days so you can eat and have a break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)