Possible to achieve high ATAR ranking with these subjects? (1 Viewer)

Laughable

HSC
The subjects I've chosen are as follows:
- Standard English
- 2U Maths
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Ancient History
- Visual Arts

I'm looking towards a course possibly in pharmacy, but I'm not sure yet... I'm rather anxious that Standard English may scale my ATAR ranking down and unsure whether Ancient History and Visual Arts are bad/good subjects or not. I'm doing fine with all my subjects so far but the only problem I have is with Ancient History, I don't seem to be able to stay awake [combination of reasons E.G. dry topic, sleeping at a very late time etc].

It's too late to change my subjects now because we have a new system in our school that we're not allowed to change our subjects in year 11 (we were given a chance at the end of last year but I was happy with my subjects then). All I want to know is whether it's possible to get at least 95 ATAR?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ancient history is very easy to pick up, study for and do well in.

What topics are you doing for year 12 or currently in Ancient?

Does anyone know the STAT marks you need for pharm if you had an ATAR of around 95?

ibbi00

HSC
Does anyone know the STAT marks you need for pharm if you had an ATAR of around 95?
Over 150. As long as you meet both the ATAR cut-off, which is low 90's for USyd, and the STAT score threshold, getting a higher ATAR or STAT won't matter.

Last edited:

Laughable

HSC
Ancient history is very easy to pick up, study for and do well in.

What topics are you doing for year 12 or currently in Ancient?

We're just beginning on the differences between archaeology and historians and other such things, pretty easy and very very boring. Oh we need another test to get into pharmacy? I should've known earlier. x_x

Over 150. As long as you meet both the ATAR cut-off, which is low 90's for USyd, and the STAT score threshold, getting a higher ATAR or STAT won't matter.
Okay hopefully I'll be able to do that, this is just the start of prelim. so I'll continue to work hard haha.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sou...aqi=g3&aql=&oq=uac+table+&fp=50ba21d2af6da5bb

this, if you want to compare the scaling of subjects.
btw, stay on top of standard english
Urgh English is the most disliked out of all my subjects, I'm not bothered with it. :( But I'll try lol. Thanks

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Just get in the top percentile for your subjects, get a good stat mark and you might be okay.

Deathless

HSC
We're just beginning on the differences between archaeology and historians and other such things, pretty easy and very very boring. Oh we need another test to get into pharmacy? I should've known earlier. x_x

Okay hopefully I'll be able to do that, this is just the start of prelim. so I'll continue to work hard haha.

Urgh English is the most disliked out of all my subjects, I'm not bothered with it. :( But I'll try lol. Thanks
Prelim Ancient is pretty boring, but it gets more interesting in the HSC. Defs remember a few things from Archaeology as it may help a little with your core (Pompeii+Herc) in the HSC.

For a good ATAR, you'll have to stay near the top ranks in your subjects.

English is also very important as it's 2u nits that will definitely count.

Laughable

HSC
Let's hope so. :(

Haha it's only been what, the third week of year 11 and I have slept in Ancient History at least twice a week. :( I chose it because I thought it was interesting but damn, what we're studying is so boring!

I guess I'll just have to do my best then, I still have 2 years to go through haha. :)

Gigacube

HSC
Any combination of subjects can lead to an ATAR of 95+.

You'll just have to work a bit harder in English due to the aligning of it.

Laughable

HSC
Urgh, I just dont seem to think I'm good enough for Advanced English, hence picking Standard... Despite people telling me I have "good creative writing skills"', I think I'm pretty bad at English analysis.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Urgh, I just dont seem to think I'm good enough for Advanced English, hence picking Standard... Despite people telling me I have "good creative writing skills"', I think I'm pretty bad at English analysis.
The highest ATAR attained with Std English was 99.85 (I assumed) in 2010.

Gigacube

HSC
Can you change to Advanced? If you can give it a go for year 11 & if you are really struggling drop to standard.

Laughable

HSC
The highest ATAR attained with Std English was 99.85 (I assumed) in 2010.
Haha that's really good still, but I'm not sure I'm that good considering that's the HIGHEST ATAR. x_x

Can you change to Advanced? If you can give it a go for year 11 & if you are really struggling drop to standard.
It's too late to change now unfortunately... :/ The highest grade I got for year 10 was B and I got a low band 5 for the SC...
99.85 is still godly
Have to agree.

OH AND ANOTHER QUESTION, what HSC marks should I be getting to get 95+ ATAR?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)