Possibility of Distinction avg in 1st year (1 Viewer)

samirs_maxin

HSC
I need atleast a 75WAM to transfer into Commerce from science for 2011 is it very hard to do this for someone who got an ATAR of 80?

I'll be doing 3 of the core commerce courses along with fundamentals of marketing.

Thanks for all helpful replies !!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
for commerce it'll be easy enough. just do ur work and ull be fine

HSC
yeah you'l be fine

apply uac as well. I got 73 wam with 80 uai, got offers for eco and commerce at unsw

nottellingu

HSC
If you work hard you should be okay :)

Just don't get into a period of procrastination because if you miss even a weeks worth of work it will be hard to catch up due to the pace they teach at uni. Thats my 2c :)

J

juvekickass

I'm doing a commerce science double degree right now. Im about to start my 3rd year.

For science, you have about 20-24 hours per week right? For commerce you cut that by half...its around 12-14 hours a week, depending on your subjects. You'll probably just spend 2 or 3 days in uni, if you pick your subjects properly.

You should have a lot more time to study. Its quite tempting to bludge, however, so do motivate yourself work hard.

Why do you want to change to commerce? Personally, I want to ditch my commerce half and just settle with science...some commerce subjects can get terribly boring.

Btw, be careful of QMA and QMA when you do commerce, make sure u get some time in the holdiays before the semester begins to give yourself a head start at the course by looking at some past lecture notes (try to get some) and practising some of the problems.

Hope this helps~

samirs_maxin

HSC
I'm really interested in Commerce and overall the business environment I want to major in something around the lines of management, marketing not too sure yet.
Thanks for the replys everyone :music:

rx34

HSC
Distinction average is achievable for commerce subjects. But HD average is really hard. The highest WAM for a semester I have ever gotten is 82.5.

Mate, if you're doing a single degree, you should do a double major. Accounting/management, Accounting/marketing. Anyway, I really like commerce, I think it's really interesting. Not so much the accounting bit but the finance major.

Last edited:
J

juvekickass

rx34 is smart, a 80+ semester average is VERY difficult.

btw, dont do management, its boring like ass. Its well taught, but....its like hypnosis lol.

Your ATAR is useless once you're in uni...once you're in uni its just WAM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)