poor circulation (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I think I have it. What causes it? Keeping in mind I'm 20, eat well, exercise regularly and am otherwise in great health apart from this one thing. I am on the pill (so like, maybe blood clots and shit, idk) but it's been an ongoing thing since way before I ever went on it so idk if it's that, either.

Also what can you do about if the obvious (staying warm, wearing socks, staying active bla bla) isn't helping, can a doctor do anything? Is it even worth seeing somebody about?

Opinions/advice appreciated ;)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Poor circulation or do you just have low blood pressure?

I've got low blood pressure and my fingers/toes are always cold, even in winter. One thing you could try would be to increase fluid intake which should increase blood volume - this would help if it's low blood pressure.

Poor circulation to the extremities probably needs to be checked out, if it's a vascular problem. It's not likely to be the pill and it's not likely to be clots (otherwise you're screwed unless you go on blood thinners).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Idk, when I went to get my pill prescription renewed today the doc took my blood pressure and said it was fine.

But yeah same as you, toes are always cold and kind of purple looking :confused: like I dropped something on them only I didn't, etc

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I mean, as long as you're not feeling any tingling sensation or numbness in your extremities (like when you sit on your foot/lean on your arm), your circulation is probably fine. Coldness in the extremities doesn't necessarily mean you have bad circulation, and as long as you don't feel like there is limited blood supply to them, you might just be one of those people with cold fingers.

You'll know - if you have a circulation problem at all, and not just to the extremities, you'll probably feel out of breath a lot and there is a characteristic tingling/pins and needles feeling.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ok cool it's probably all good then, thanks. No numbness or anything weird so yeah. Just purple.

BRB getting moar socks

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
its also a good idea to keep your head and neck warm, since blood travels to the head first before going to the rest of the body, and the neck is an exposed area, no muscles/fat/boobs to contain warmth, so keeping your neck and head warm means when the blood goes to the rest of the body it will have retained more warmth. (i read this somewhere).

edit: still wear socks :)

rozymisty

HSC
I get cold feet too easily. Ive got numb big toes only because ive had so many ingrown toenail operations that the nerves are impaired.

Do you feel dizzy from time to time? Could be cardiac output is lower than it should be... um as long as the rest of your skin is normal colour.

Wouldnt be a bad idea to have a chat with your doc. Not likely to be related to the pill, coz if you had a blood clot, youd have like, depending on where the clot is, would range from pain in your calves or legs, breathing problems or something wrong with your head...ie dizzy or soemthing i dont know

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I have very cold hands and feet and often feel cold. It is a result of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland). Best bet is to go to the doctor and get some simple blood work done, its always a good start.

louy

HSC
N/A
I agree, best have words with the doc.

You will only worry despite whatever advice we can give you on this forum.

This is your health, and you really need to take care of yourself.

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
I think I have it. What causes it? Keeping in mind I'm 20, eat well, exercise regularly and am otherwise in great health apart from this one thing. I am on the pill (so like, maybe blood clots and shit, idk) but it's been an ongoing thing since way before I ever went on it so idk if it's that, either.

Also what can you do about if the obvious (staying warm, wearing socks, staying active bla bla) isn't helping, can a doctor do anything? Is it even worth seeing somebody about?

Opinions/advice appreciated ;)

Do morning stretches????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)