Politics in Europe and politics in Australia (1 Viewer)

na110793

HSC
Do you think that the youth in Europe is exposed to politics at an earlier age than here? Also, do you think that the youth in Europe care more for issues that the youth in Australia today wouldn't give a second thought about?

Kittikhun

HSC
In Western Europe, yes, and yes. For Eastern Europe, barring Germany, I am not so sure.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
1. I think the voting age is 18 in Europe and Australia and they both have lots of news media so I think it is the same.
2.tbh I think youth in most countries don't really give a fuck about politics especially in Europe since they are probably having crazy sex parties and stuff.

HSC
Uni Grad
Most definitely look at how many are protesting ACTA in Europe, Australians dont do shit like that and are apathetic cunts tbh.

Lentern

HSC
Tis a comon theme(in free countries) that if the economy is booming and everyone is fairly well cared for etc that voters become more apathetic and will largely vote to keep the status quo. I don't mean the same party but the two party system with fairly mainstream leaders (no Latham). In periods of turbulence they get a bit more politically interested, the last time anything like that really happened in Australia where under the specter of 9/11 people flocked in droves to hardline right wing candidates. Before that I reckon it may have around the time of Dismissal when people were generally concerned about the breakdown of our constitutional system of government.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Also, do you think that the youth in Europe care more for issues that the youth in Australia today wouldn't give a second thought about?
Greece: Anarchists clash with Stalinists & the police.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
bunch of kids having some wholesome fun

na110793

HSC
Greece: Anarchists clash with Stalinists & the police.

What you are seeing there is anarchist scum fighting Stalinist scum for what has to be the billionth time. It's usually the anarchists who provoke the Stalinists. The Stalinists hold peaceful protests.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
What you are seeing there is anarchist scum fighting Stalinist scum for what has to be the billionth time. It's usually the anarchists who provoke the Stalinists. The Stalinists hold peaceful protests.
the anarchists were trying to storm the greek parliment, but the stalinists hwlped the police stop them

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
why do you call Stalinists scum when you're basically the same people

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Well, I'd say 90% of the Q&A audience last night was under 30, so no. I don't accept the idea that europeans are more sophisticated or cultured or better read than us. If old-world snobs are right, why are their countries' economies collapsing and full of rioting and muslims while we're laughing our asses off at the rest of the world?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Well, I'd say 90% of the Q&A audience last night was under 30, so no. I don't accept the idea that europeans are more sophisticated or cultured or better read than us. If old-world snobs are right, why are their countries' economies collapsing and full of rioting and muslims while we're laughing our asses off at the rest of the world?
thats because it's only the under 30s who don't realise australia's economy is collapsing, rioting is imminent and the muslims are already invading

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Greeks are rioting for their right to work a 10 hour week and evade all taxes and retire at 50 yet have no debt

I wish we Aussie yobs could be as worldly and sophisticated as them

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
82.7% of greeks still make regular sacrifices to abate the wrath of mighty zeus

na110793

HSC
You guise are so misinformed. Or just don't give a fuck...Most Greeks actually pay their taxes. Its the rich kunce who dont. Plus, after the Ousting of the Junta in '74, moniez that were made by the Regime were spent, and the books were bodged. So the books showed profit from then, till 2010. When in fact there was an ever compounding debt. Both New Democracy and PASOK are to blame for this...

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
pretty sure the greeks are just lazy heathens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)