Police shoot teenage boy dead in Northcote (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
jb_nc said:
His my space: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=425089341

MY AUSSIE PRIDE
I WILL NOT HIDE
MY AUSSIE RACE
I WILL NOT DISCRACE
MY AUSSIE BLOOD
FLOWS HOT AND TRUE
MY AUSSIE MATES
I WILL STAND BY YOU
THRU THICK AND THIN
TILL THE DAY WE DIE
OUR AUSSIE FLAG
ALWAYS STANDS HIGH
I YELL THIS POEM
LOUDER THEN ALL THE REST
BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS
AUSSIES ARE THE BEST!!!
AUSSIE PRIDE IN MY MIND
AUSSIE BLOOD IS MY KIND
SO STEP ASIDE AND LET ME THROUGH
BECAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THE AUSSIE KREW
LIFE SUX THEN U DIE
BUT IF UR AUSSIE
YOU DIE WITH SWEET ARSE PRIDE

Hmm, yes, a true bastion of the community/.

uh typical bogan, who just missed out on getting Youth Allowance from Centrelink. :rofl:

Millsy90

HSC
The police have nothing to answer for here, having some lunatic with a knife towards you making threats is a pretty scary situation. Which would you rather, get stabbed and possibly die or live? Pretty easy choice.

Offcourse the police didn't shoot him in the arm or leg, its difficult as enough as it is and there is always the off chance of a little child playing and coping a mis aimed bullet.

The kid sounded like a total nutcase.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Fully sik protect da Aussie pride brah.

If the media reports are accurate, and I assume they are, the kid sounded like a psychotic little brat.

WAF said:
stfu. you are usyd's equivilent of this kid.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Imo everyone has been very quick to jump to conclusions.
Really what's the point in saying this? Unless someone's saying "NO NEED FOR AN INVESTIGATION HERE FOLKS!" they obviously just mean that based on the current reports, if we are to take them as accurate, it would seem most likely that the cops were in the right.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Fully sik protect da Aussie pride brah.

If the media reports are accurate, and I assume they are, the kid sounded like a psychotic little brat.

stfu. you are usyd's equivilent of this kid.
Last I checked I wasn't running on tickets with anti-semitic anarchists.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Waf's pretty much 1/4 asian so he must be fairly self-hating if he's a racist.

joyjoyyy

HSC
Was it drugs?

If it was ...

MORAL OF THE STORY: DON'T DO DRUGS, IT'S BAD FOR YOU.

(AND MIGHT GET YOU KILLED)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:
I still don't get your point though Iron. Yes, he may have been under the influence of ice. This made him even more unpredictable, erratic and dangerous, because he had even less regard for his safety or the safety of others.

Under the circumstances, I think the cops had every right to shoot him. I don't know why it should have to take an officer or civilian to get injured before people say 'lol maybe u guys shoulda stopped him'.

Fuck him anyway, sounds like a douche bag.
SUre, it's just the at the punishment -life- was totally disp[ropriortionate to the crime.; My heart bleeds for the kid, even if her was a bad aegg.. He was Fif-fucking-teen. It's a tragedhy and the police shouldve had alternative options from "approaching knife attack" top "death"/ Shud watch the abc woman. It was a wverty moving account

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
The problem is police are incompetently trained on use of weapons, or so I've heard so when it comes to firing a gun their accuracy is appaling.

Why wasn't a shoot to the leg suffice? Was it attempted? Were the police unprepared for firing their weapons?

shantu1992

HSC
回复: Re: Police shoot teenage boy dead in Northcote

jb_nc said:
OH SHI-! What fuckin scum. Failure of parents (what kind of revolting child joins anti-immigration groups) seek to lay blame elsewhere when it's their own fucking fault.

Good on the police for putting a few bullets in this piece of shit.

i get where u come from
but that's cruel..

davo_

good kid
HSC
While I believe this is clearly a case of Darwinism, there was four police and only one fifteen year old. Four grown men against one youth. Knives aren't a distance weapon - and while we obviously don't know exactly what occurred - I am surprised that the police found themselves in a situation where the use of a firearm was the next option. There are surely more steps in between pepper spray and a gun; even without a taser.
At the end of the day though, this kid seemed like a bit of a plonker and the world is probably a better place without him.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
davo_ said:
There are surely more steps in between pepper spray and a gun; even without a taser.
they did fire a warning shot.

and all the time they are doing this they do explain to the person eg "if you continue towards me i will shoot"

i agree with the premise that at the end of the day a 15 year old boy is now dead and thats a shameful state for the world to be in etc, but really, the police were not out of line, the family are just being a bunch of tools for suggesting otherwise. they will be heartily embarrassed when the independant investigation they are calling for comes back and says the police were completely in the right.

JaredR said:
The problem is police are incompetently trained on use of weapons, or so I've heard so when it comes to firing a gun their accuracy is appaling.

Why wasn't a shoot to the leg suffice? Was it attempted? Were the police unprepared for firing their weapons?

no its quite the opposite really, they are trained to shoot for the torso. opening fire is a sort of final measure for police, if they shoot they shoot for the torso, thats how they are trained.

no it wasn't attempted, again if they fire they fire at the torso, they were quite prepared for it, they warned him verbally, fired a warning shot, and then after he did not stop approaching they fired.

we really cannot place any blame on the police for killing the boy, he had much opportunity to stand down but his failure to caused his death.

Last edited:

zstar

HSC
N/A
Don't cops have tasers in this country?

Just fire a taser at the little shit and he'll be down in 2 seconds.

Or the cops should've just thrown a rock at his head.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
zstar said:
Don't cops have tasers in this country?

Just fire a taser at the little shit and he'll be down in 2 seconds.

Or the cops should've just thrown a rock at his head.
the family would be having the same reaction they are having now except replacing the worn gun with tazer.

they tried capsicum spray TWICE and fired a warning shot.

also, victorian police are not all issued with tazers, this incident has led the police union to call for tazers to be issued to all police in victoria.

but for the moment, the police did the best they could with the alternate equipment they had, ie capsicum spray, but were then forced to fire

also i don't think they're issued with rocks either

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Police are not trained to kill. They are trained to stop the threat. If that entails death to the risk, then so be it.

When confronted with such a situation, the stress levels incurred create auditory exclusion, reduce dexterity and general coordination. This is the primary reason why police are not trained marksmen. The situations that present themselves require split second decision making in the heat of the moment. Unlike many other professions police cannot sit down, sift through the available options and make a completely informed decision.

Having a person well affected by drugs, armed with knives making verbal threats presents a real danger to the officers involved. As long as the threat to their lives is immediate, and no other course of action is available to cease the threat, then any firearm use is completely justified.

The guidelines for the discharge of a firearm are derived from common law, and in NSW, are stipulated in the NSW Police Force Handbook (readily available from www.police.nsw.gov.au).

The decision to use your firearm rests with you. You are accountable for your actions. If you kill
or injure a person when such action is not reasonable you could face serious criminal charges
and civil action.
You are only justified in discharging your firearm when there is an immediate risk to your life or
the life of someone else, or there is an immediate risk of serious injury to you or someone else,
and there is no other way of preventing the risk.​
Do not​
draw your firearm, point or aim it, unless you consider you are likely to be justified in
using it. The discharge of your firearm is to be regarded only as a last resort.

Do not​
fire warning shots.
Whenever possible, announce your office and call on the offender to surrender.
Only discharge your firearm when there is no other reasonable course of action available.
In discharging your firearm always consider that innocent people might be injured.
Do not fire at moving or stationary motor vehicles unless your life or someone else’s life is in
real and immediate danger, and there is not other means available to avoid the danger.
Remember, firing at a motor vehicle is not an effective means of stopping or disabling that
vehicle. Always consider that an out of control motor vehicle presents extreme danger to

innocent bystanders and property.
Zimmerman is taking the predictable approach of those tied to the legal profession where a shawl of mistrust is all enveloping.

Police are no less trustworthy than solicitors, no less trustworthy then Supreme Court Justices and no less trustworthy than eminent QC's.

An investigation will take place, the officer's involved will go through an extremely difficult process and ultimately will have to provide evidence that the above justification was satisfied (although it occurred in Victoria).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)