please vote: 4u maths or 3u eng? (1 Viewer)

which one for year 12 subject selection?

• 4u maths and 2u adv eng

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • 4u maths and 3u eng

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 3u maths and 3u eng

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
HSC
lol i think he means when i hit year 12 (not long away =( )

anyway, i did 3u eng to test it out - found out i dont like it much at all - teacher isnt in the room half the time - doesnt explain our assesment tasks properly.... *sigh*

hmm well my school has been coming in the top 5 for a while....so internal exams cant be that easy right?

btw if only one unit of adv eng counts if u do ext - it sounds good...but can someone confirm it? lol

and no arts? - yeh well i did music and french in year 9 and 10 - and by then i knew my best and most promising sub for me was science - and so i chose it - and not really bored of it so yeh =)

oh and my ranks for half yearly::

2nd in grade for bio with 93%
1st in class for 2u maths with 93%
4th in class for 3u maths with 86%
no idea for eng adv - mark is 78%
equal 3rd for eng ext with 88%
1st in class for chem with 83%
no idea in phys - 72%

Last edited:

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
wow! 93% 2u maths and came 1st..impressive! i got 96% and came 20th in the grade =.='

anyways i hate adv eng...cuz i'm failing it...however, i will not drop to std...shit scaling, capped

btw i'm taking 4u maths and adv eng

BRING IT ON 4U MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
HamuTarou said:
wow! 93% 2u maths and came 1st..impressive! i got 96% and came 20th in the grade =.='

anyways i hate adv eng...cuz i'm failing it...however, i will not drop to std...shit scaling, capped

btw i'm taking 4u maths and adv eng

BRING IT ON 4U MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol what school you go to?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
-neurosurgeon- said:
which one, 4u maths and 2u eng, 4u maths and 3u eng, or 3u maths and 3u eng?

my marks are as follows:

96% 2u maths
72% 3u maths (aarghg screwed up this one - my half yearly i got 86% =( )

78% 2u eng (100% in essay - damn the reading task! >.<")
88% 3u eng

btw i hate english with a passion.
Try Ext 2 Maths definitely - you can drop it later if you find its giving you problems.
I'd also say give Ext 1 English a go for a couple of weeks and see what you think since the HSC course is different to prelim and Advanced and Ext 1 couldn't be more different but if you still don't like it after a couple of weeks then drop it like its hot. Seriously, don't continue in it if you don't like what you're doing.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
1. whatever you decide to choose, I wouldn't recommend picking more than 13 units, it's too much work, though if you're doing 4units of math that will cut it down much more than if you were doing more english/humanities subjects.
2. I have to admit at being surprised at you coming first with 93% - not that that's a bad mark of course - but you need to consider that in many places that might not have gotten that rank. in may school for example that would have put you at around 50ish i'd say. Too many people get 100% in 2U maths. Especially if they're also doing 3U.
3. Do you know what career you want to have? What courses you want to do at university etc? even if you ahve only a rough idea, this may dictate which subjects you pick.
4. Man people often have 13 units so that they are able to drop either a 1 or 2U subject if they find they hate it, so don't be too afraid to take on more than 12U

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
Homebush boys....

i think it is either the test ar damn easy or ppl ar damn smart....we have 150 ppl doin 2u and 120 ppl doin ext 1. but i heard there is gonna be one 4u class

A l

HSC
N/A
studynoob said:
2 units maths and 2 units standard english hahahahahah!!! :D
king_of_boredom said:
english-wise, i don't know, i hate it too. but just don't choose standard.
Just in case you guys have not realised, -neurosurgeon- goes to Baulkham Hills High School, a fully selective school which only offers English (Advanced) as the lowest level of English.

ishq

brown?
HSC
EE1 should be a definite! Unlike Advanced, it is not a test of how much you can write about three completely unrelated topics is a miniscule amount of time. Rather, it tests your knowledge - in depth - both critical and imaginative - about just one elective - eg. genre, society... So, it really allows you to have fun! read! watch movies! (But then, I dont detest English with a passion...maybe Journeys...)

MX2 is - a challenge (at least for me). Its really good if you want to take your maths up that one level. And it helps heaps with MX1. And the scaling doesnt hurt either. You go to BH and are ranked pretty nice - it would be surprising if you didnt take it! :D

jessum

HSC
dont do something you hate, you'll end up hating it even more if u have to do more of it.
plus 4u maths is fun, and even if u go really badly itll probably still scale better than all the rest of your subjects.
my 4u mark was my lowest, but my highest uai contributor. so there you go.
and english is stupid lol.

P

pLuvia

lol..
3u eng.. i wanted to do that.. but didnt choose it in the beginning of year 11.. i regret it~

HSC
lol prolly going to pick up 4u maths and keep 3u eng - then drop whichever one i hate more wahahaha! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)