please vote: 4u maths or 3u eng? (1 Viewer)

which one for year 12 subject selection?

• 4u maths and 2u adv eng

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • 4u maths and 3u eng

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 3u maths and 3u eng

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
HSC
which one, 4u maths and 2u eng, 4u maths and 3u eng, or 3u maths and 3u eng?

my marks are as follows:

96% 2u maths
72% 3u maths (aarghg screwed up this one - my half yearly i got 86% =( )

78% 2u eng (100% in essay - damn the reading task! >.<")
88% 3u eng

btw i hate english with a passion.

tempco

HSC
ranks?

from the looks of things, i'd say 3/3.

and when you say "hate english", you hate 2u and 3u english? aren't they very different?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
take both 4u maths and 3u english. Drop one of them if you go bad in an assesment.

tempco

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
Damn straight. You can drop something later in the year but you can't pick it up if you change your mind.
it won't do you any good if at the back of your mind, you're thinking (for two subjects) "i didn't do too well in this assessment, but hey, i might drop it later on."

HSC
4 Unit Maths and 2 Unit English!

HSC English sucks balls.

nwatts

HSC
As someone else said: if you hate english, do more maths.

I'd do 4U Maths, 3U English if I were you. And try to do 12 units, so your English Advanced marks don't count. It is a LOT harder to get very good marks in Advanced than in Extension.

HSC
thanks guys for all your advice! =)

in case u guys cbb to click my public profile....here are my current subjects...

eng adv
eng ext
maths adv
maths ext

phys
chem
bio

its already 12 units lol

HSC
nwatts said:
As someone else said: if you hate english, do more maths.

I'd do 4U Maths, 3U English if I were you. And try to do 12 units, so your English Advanced marks don't count. It is a LOT harder to get very good marks in Advanced than in Extension.
what do you mean by my eng adv marks dont count? i thought they always counted as my "2 units of eng"...

and i think i might do as you say, do 4u and ext eng then drop what i hate more =P

nwatts

HSC
I could be wrong (someone correct me if so), but if you do 3U then only one unit of your Advanced marks will be counted. And as I mentioned before, getting brilliant marks in advanced seems a lot harder than doing the same in extension. That's only if you have units left over though.

Oh, and I can't think of a more terrible list of subjects! No history?! No art?! What is this?! :D

studynoob

HSC
N/A
2 units maths and 2 units standard english hahahahahah!!! :D

HSC
-neurosurgeon- said:
which one, 4u maths and 2u eng, 4u maths and 3u eng, or 3u maths and 3u eng?

my marks are as follows:

96% 2u maths
72% 3u maths (aarghg screwed up this one - my half yearly i got 86% =( )

78% 2u eng (100% in essay - damn the reading task! >.<")
88% 3u eng

btw i hate english with a passion.
i too hate english with a passion, but you have to live with the fact that it is compulsory....wait you do 3u eng? and you hate eng with a passion? doesn't make sense. with those 3u maths marks, i'd go into 4u maths, i wish i did it, it looks so interesting and challenging. i'm coming 1st in 3u maths in my class at the moment, and with your ability, i'd think you could handle 4u maths, i mean, assuming your internal assessments are not piss easy...96% in 2u maths is expected, and 86% for your prelim half-yearly is impressive [i was getting ~50% at that stage....but when i look back, there were actually parametric questions in there when we hadn't even done it yet].

english-wise, i don't know, i hate it too. but just don't choose standard.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
nwatts said:
Oh, and I can't think of a more terrible list of subjects! No history?! No art?! What is this?! :D
History? Art?
Ew!
Lol. I did prelim ancient and enjoyed it but dumped it because I still have 13 units now.

Lol, nice going on the subjects! Except maybe ext english because I hate english...

I'd have done all 3 sciences myself if I hadn't sort of felt obliged to to music...Considering that's what I'm at my school for...
That or if I could have done 15 units...And the lines had worked out...And I'd done prelim bio...

P

pLuvia

Emma-Jayde said:
History? Art?
Ew!
Lol. I did prelim ancient and enjoyed it but dumped it because I still have 13 units now.

Lol, nice going on the subjects! Except maybe ext english because I hate english...

I'd have done all 3 sciences myself if I hadn't sort of felt obliged to to music...Considering that's what I'm at my school for...
That or if I could have done 15 units...And the lines had worked out...And I'd done prelim bio...
do 4u maths and 2 u adv eng~~

klaw

HSC
nwatts said:
I could be wrong (someone correct me if so), but if you do 3U then only one unit of your Advanced marks will be counted. And as I mentioned before, getting brilliant marks in advanced seems a lot harder than doing the same in extension. That's only if you have units left over though.

I pretty sure you're wrong... if you do 3U then 2 units of 2U are counted and 1 unit of ext 1 is counted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)