Please help (1 Viewer)

Blake Henderson

HSC
When i go into year 12 next year, i am going to drop a subject so i only have five (had 6). If i were to drop down to 4 subjects would i have to get a higher mark in those four subjects than i would have if i had 5 subjects in order to achieve the same ATAR?

jananee

HSC
When i go into year 12 next year, i am going to drop a subject so i only have five (had 6). If i were to drop down to 4 subjects would i have to get a higher mark in those four subjects than i would have if i had 5 subjects in order to achieve the same ATAR?
If all your subjects are 2 units then you cannot drop down to 4 subjects as you need to have a minimum of 10 units to qualify for an ATAR.

Hopp

HSC
You must be doing at least 10 units in year 12. The only ways to drop two subjects are:
-You are doing a tafe course
-You do at least 2 extension subjects

Blake Henderson

HSC
In year 11 im doing adv english general maths biology chemistry modern history and legal studies.

superesse

HSC
N/A
You are currently doing 6 subjects that are all worth 2 units each. Therefore in Year 12 you can only drop one subject in order to fulfil the minimum requirement of 10 units.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you drop 2 subjects, you won't be eligible to receive an ATAR. I think the best advice is try your hardest in all your subjects and then make an informed decision if you need to drop a subject, and if so, what subject you need to drop. And also keep in mind you cannot drop English because it is a compulsory subject.

enoilgam

HSC
If you drop to four not only wont you receive an ATAR, you wont even complete the HSC (it requires 10 units).

To answer your original question (or at least, what I assume you were asking), your 10 best units count towards your ATAR, meaning that having an extra unit wont result in "extra ATAR points". The extra units may however come in handy if you do poorly in one subject (it acts as a safety net).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)