Please Help! - UNI! (1 Viewer)

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
I know this might look like a wall of text but it won't take long pleaseeee!!

General info:

- I am taking a gap year

- I don't know what I want to do yet and I want to keep all my options open!

Ok, so I was offered a conditional scholarship to UWS for Academic Excellence. The closest campus to me is Campbelltown and it would be the only one I would consider going to because of my location and fears of rape if I went to Bankstown.

I currently have no idea what I want to do but degrees of interest may be in the Business faculty or in Psychology. MAYBE.

That said, the Campbelltown campus seems rather useless unless you want to do an Undergrad. Medicine degree or a Law degree. From what I gather (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) they don't even offer an Arts degree, and a majority of the Business degrees are run out of Bankstown/Penrith, the same with Psychology.

I will also be in close proximity to Wollongong Uni and I hope you guys can give me some advice. I believe Wollongong to be a superior uni compared to UWS' CAMPBELLTOWN campus ONLY. It seems to have a lot more opportunities for degrees as it is more greatly focused in the one area.

SO!

This is what I plan on doing and someoneee PLEASSEE tell me if it is a bad idea, or if it is even possible.

I am applying through UAC today (I know I can change my preferences if a course allows after this date but this was just an idea I got today). I learnt that I can defer the scholarship to UWS for one year if I successfully enrol in a course and defer it.

What I would LOVE to KNOW!

As Wollongong does not allow a deferral of scholarships, I was considering applying there this time next year to see if I could qualify for a scholarship in 2010 - and hopefully I will have discovered what I want to study and can enrol in Wollongong.

Here are the questions! (THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU ARE STILL READING)

a) If I want to apply for a scholarship to UOW next year and consider going there in 2010, should I put UOW as a preference in my UAC application for THIS year. If I accept and defer a course FOR 2010, can I apply for a scholarship for that year after I have been accepted/offered a placement?

b) I am applying for UWS and if accepted I will defer my placement (and scholarship) until 2010. What I am wondering though, if I do get a scholarship to Wollongong for 2010 AFTER I have been "offered" a place at UWS and "successfully enrolled", can I just pull out of that deferred enrolment with no troubles, this time next year?

c) How difficult is it to get a scholarship to UOW? I am aiming for as high as possible UAI, but say I just get a UAI of 95, I get 3 bonus points as I come from a regional school which would boost it to 98. Anything raw above 95 and it will keep getting higher. So yeah, how hard would it be to qualify for a scholarship? And when applying should I just quietly tell them that I have been offered a scholarship to UWS as well just to kinda present all the options I have?

d) Stupid question, but if you were in my position which University would you choose?

Thank you so much if anyone answers this!

Last edited:
HSC
(a) i'm pretty sure you could. although you should try and ask by emailing the uni advice email address. they are very helpful.

(d) depending on the importance of the scholarship?? If its not extremely important i'd go wollongong. if its closer and i think its a better uni. Is the scholarship a money one? if so you may end up spending more money on travel or petrol getting to UWS then UOW.

But most importantly it should be based on which degree is better and since you have no idea its hard to suggest anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)