Please guyss need straight answer im dying with confusion (1 Viewer)

Jaguar33

HSC
Im studying for my exam tomorrow
and im confused with these syllabus dot points

1. Identify the types of rights to which individuals are entitled

Is this between moral and legal rights? are those the types
or is it
- civil rights
- basic human rights
- citizenship rights

Outline the Responsibilities of citizens within a society
What should i write for this?? :/

Thanks for ur help guys much appreciated!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Not sure what subject this is for but you could always look in the resources section for that subject and see whether other students have uploaded their syllabus dot point notes

If you can't find it in the resources section do a general search on google and you'll surely find something related to it

I hope this helps :D

zhertec

HSC
I did my legal exam a few days ago so I hope I can help :3

This dotpoint is referring to political, civil, social, economic and cultural rights rights generally (however there are more e.g. Environmental etc). Since it is an identify question you basically just have to memorise some of the rights of each.
For example: For Economic rights - you have the right to form and join trade unions and strike.

More importantly you have to know the ratified International treaty or Domestic law that allows these rights to occur -
Economic, social and cultural - International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural rights.
Civil and political - Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
But again it's a low order verb so basically just know some of the rights and where they originate.

For responsibilities its a slightly higher order verb. So for this one you can include the legal responsibilities, social, moral and cultural responsibilities etc and I think more importantly, if asked, try to link it to how it affects the rights of people (although I doubt they will ask this question as it is too broad atm) for example: you have the right to social security, but this right is impinged if people do not follow their statutory responsibilities of paying tax (i.e. funding for the state etc) and so on..
P.S. information was previously gathered from the Pearson textbook.

Jaguar33

HSC
I did my legal exam a few days ago so I hope I can help :3

This dotpoint is referring to political, civil, social, economic and cultural rights rights generally (however there are more e.g. Environmental etc). Since it is an identify question you basically just have to memorise some of the rights of each.
For example: For Economic rights - you have the right to form and join trade unions and strike.

More importantly you have to know the ratified International treaty or Domestic law that allows these rights to occur -
Economic, social and cultural - International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural rights.
Civil and political - Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
But again it's a low order verb so basically just know some of the rights and where they originate.

For responsibilities its a slightly higher order verb. So for this one you can include the legal responsibilities, social, moral and cultural responsibilities etc and I think more importantly, if asked, try to link it to how it affects the rights of people (although I doubt they will ask this question as it is too broad atm) for example: you have the right to social security, but this right is impinged if people do not follow their statutory responsibilities of paying tax (i.e. funding for the state etc) and so on..
P.S. information was previously gathered from the Pearson textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)