Planet of the apes (1 Viewer)

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Who watched it on TV tonight (14/3/04)? The newer version?

I thought it was quite good, havent seen the original though.

Me a bit confused about the ending. He went back to the presnt right? And his country was ruled by apes? What was that about??

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
you see all that place ruled by apes, was once america.
through nuclear warfare and stuff transformed it to a piece of junk. so yeah, when he thought he landed on mars or far distant planet, it was indeed earth through 10000000000000000000x years ago

understand?

i watched it two years ago, but that was the original version.

'damn you all, damn you all to hell...'
remember there was a simpsons episode abt this.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
so planet of the apes is earth many years ago? Huh? still dont get.

I know the planet he returned to in the end was America but what happened? It looks pretty similar to USA today except its run by apes.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
got bored halfway so watched the movie go big on the other channel, lol that was a cool movie

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
you see all that place ruled by apes, was once america.
through nuclear warfare and stuff transformed it to a piece of junk. so yeah, when he thought he landed on mars or far distant planet, it was indeed earth through 10000000000000000000x years ago

understand?

i watched it two years ago, but that was the original version.

'damn you all, damn you all to hell...'
remember there was a simpsons episode abt this.
yeah thats what happens in the original version but the new version's ending makes no sense whatsoever. you know mark wahlburg goes forward in time because thats what his spaceship's clock says, however when he goes back in time there are monkeys everywhere? i mean WTF is with that?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
whoooops... disregard my msg. well i actually thought it was just another adaptation to the movie oh wells.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
Originally posted by dark`secrets
whoooops... disregard my msg. well i actually thought it was just another adaptation to the movie oh wells.
nah the only thing that is similar between the two is that they both have monkeys, and one was good :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
really?
damn so its a whole new concept...

and i thought it was practically the same -__________________-

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by smegthehead
yeah thats what happens in the original version but the new version's ending makes no sense whatsoever. you know mark wahlburg goes forward in time because thats what his spaceship's clock says, however when he goes back in time there are monkeys everywhere? i mean WTF is with that?
Thats what i was wondering!! so damn gay!! Souldnt the present - same time as he laurnched to outer space be still humans??

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Thats what i was wondering!! so damn gay!! Souldnt the present - same time as he laurnched to outer space be still humans??
they were probably leaving it open for a sequel. after all the original planet of the apes had 4 sequels

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
errrrr..
they had 4 sequels..
this movie is spinning me out already ahha

TheDreamer

It's ok movie for first time round. But second time, I found it dull boring.

Gotta love the Lincoln statue turned ape and the words on the plaque at the end. Almost comical.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
the original planet of the apes is one of my fav movies ever!!! the end is soooo good! and i was fully not expectin it. then wen i saw the new one....whatta let down! it was shit!

i 4get the end to the new one, but in the old 1 hes wandering around on the beach and he stumbles across the ruins of the staue of liberty and realises that the place he landed was earth and he was in space 4 ages, then crashed back on earth. then hes all
"damn you all, damn you all to hell!"

it was sweet.

this fully reminds me of the twilight zone....i once saw on ep where these ppl crash on a strange planet, some die, then theres two left. one goes off 4 help and comes back ravin mad and draws a pic in the sand and dies. the other dude then eventually goes over the hill 4 a looksee and sees that the pic he drew was powerlines. the were on earth all along but were too scared to go c where they were.

and another where this group of ppl all spend the whole ep tryin to get ouuta this round room with no doors but high walls and no roof they eventually get out and they show the dude on the ground next to a santa....they were all toys in this toy bucket, then the santa puts him back in! its crazy

Hottieflossy

i didnt like the new version of planet of the apes cuz it was very diff to the original...u know how one of the apes goes to mark walberg "get your hands off me you damn dirty human", in the original, charlton heston tells the ape"get your filthy hands off me you damn dirty ape" and the humans werent meant to speak so in the original, the apes were surprised that the human could speak...oh, and in both the original and the new version, the guy goes forward in time, not back and so the apes have become smart and taken over the world...that last sentence sounds weird hehehe...i went through a planet of the apes phase hehe

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by azn_006
I watched it on VCD so the quality was a bit crap, but the graphics are a deffinit improvment from the original.
asians and their crap quality VCDS!

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
ok...aparently the directer sorta explains the ending in the DVD, although he felt like he didnt need to.

so heres theory 1: When Mark Waughburg returns to Earth. It actually takes him 3000yrs to travel there. By that time the "evil monkey dude" escaped and traveled to earth on Mark's pod which fell in the swamp. Basically the evil ape turned all the monkey's against the humans and they won the battle

theory 2: this is ending from novel. humans got lazy and told apes to do all the work. Humans devolved and apes evolved. Apes tooks over. This happened on planet of the apes. Marks character tries to go back to earth to stop this happening but he returned too late

theory three: That spiral mark flew into took him into an alternate reality where everythings mixed up

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by simmic
ok...aparently the directer sorta explains the ending in the DVD, although he felt like he didnt need to.

so heres theory 1: When Mark Waughburg returns to Earth. It actually takes him 3000yrs to travel there. By that time the "evil monkey dude" escaped and traveled to earth on Mark's pod which fell in the swamp. Basically the evil ape turned all the monkey's against the humans and they won the battle

theory 2: this is ending from novel. humans got lazy and told apes to do all the work. Humans devolved and apes evolved. Apes tooks over. This happened on planet of the apes. Marks character tries to go back to earth to stop this happening but he returned too late

theory three: That spiral mark flew into took him into an alternate reality where everythings mixed up
theory1 didnt the bad monkey die or kinda get trapped somewhere...(i havnt seen it since it was in cinemas)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)