plagiarism?? (1 Viewer)

cyj3334

HSC
hi guyss~
im jz wondering if it's plargiarism to memorise some paragraphs from english prescibed text studyguide for our essay writing in hsc.
it's not like task we hand in but we sit for the exam and jz writing what i memorised. it is plagiarism? cuz i fhink my eassy is like combination of some paragrphs from studyguide. does it still matter if i memorise them?? :confused:

lychnobity

HSC
hi guyss~
im jz wondering if it's plargiarism to memorise some paragraphs from english prescibed text studyguide for our essay writing in hsc.
it's not like task we hand in but we sit for the exam and jz writing what i memorised. it is plagiarism? cuz i fhink my eassy is like combination of some paragrphs from studyguide. does it still matter if i memorise them?? :confused:
If it's from a study guide, it's plagiarism.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
hi guyss~
its a moral decision which is upto you. Id consider it plagiarism because you are taking the ideas of others and memorising it. Had you to summarise what they said and put it into your own words initially then it wouldn't plagiarism.

shady145

Banned
HSC
yea it is plagarism, i asked some of my teachers about this last year and they said it was.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You shouldn't do it regardless, because chances are other kids in your grade will have memorised the same paragraphs from the study guides, which leads to an unoriginal and generic essay.

Revacious

o-o
HSC
N/A
if you have to ask, then by all means go for it; i dont think you are anticipating a stellar mark anyway, so if you have no clue, why the hell not.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
You shouldn't do it regardless, because chances are other kids in your grade will have memorised the same paragraphs from the study guides, which leads to an unoriginal and generic essay.
which many kids in the state write when no particular type of response is required.

hairspray

HSC
I asked a lady that question (but it regards to business studies) from the board of studies at the careers expo. She couldnt answer the question and got really angry and agressive about it.. and her answer was "depends"...
so much for their motto "get it from the source"

Uncle

Banned
HSC
dont plaigarise.
if you get away with it in the hsc you wont get away as easily in uni.
if you are caught by their plaigarism checkers you are very likely to receive 0 marks for your assignment or incur heavy mark reductions or even worse,
0 as your final grade for the course.

HSC
Well to plagiarise is to borrow work from other people WITHOUT permission.

So yes it is plagiarism... :rofl::rofl:

Why not just pull your finger out, buckle down, get on your noble steed and START writing your own material! In the long run you'll thank yourself. (and you could get yourself a hefty 19/20 mark too! :))

HSC
i was wondering if i accidentally copied out phrases and sentences from my textbook in eco essays if that was plagarism. my notes come from my textbook, so when i write responses in tests i unintentionally write parts of my textbook verbatim

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
i was wondering if i accidentally copied out phrases and sentences from my textbook in eco essays if that was plagarism. my notes come from my textbook, so when i write responses in tests i unintentionally write parts of my textbook verbatim
I think the answer to your question is obvious. Yes, it is plagiarism if it is verbatim. It's just a matter of whether or not you get caught. Although if it's only a sentence here and there then it's quite unlikely.

HSC
then how do i avoid plagarism if i'm learning explanations from the textbook? parts of my essay will unintentionally be very similar to my textbook

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)