Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (1 Viewer)

evenstar

psst. johnny depp is great. orlando bloom can be great but isnt. depp is mad to watch cos he's interesting. bloom takes the same teen-loved roles. together, they were alright. an action adventure is expected but you get laughs too that make it less cliched, thus more entertaining. pathetically, i've seen it 4 times, each with different groups of people, who all loved it =)

HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
the whole curse business... i didnt pick it up... HOW did they get cursed? was it because THEY stole the token thingy's or because someone stole them off THEM????
johnny depp is mad! orlando bloom is very stunning but i like him better in any lord of the rings movie. i was confused with the whole curse thing myself. how long were they cursed???

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i'm not sure how long they were cursed for...
hmm i thought the reason they were cursed was because they gave the coins away? O__o which was why they had to get all of them back? i dunno hehe

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
[great, my sister "accidentally" deleted my post from a few days ago when she was copying the quotes -_- here it is again]

i saw PoTC a few weeks ago, and i absolutely LOVED it :D definitely the best movie i've seen this year [along with finding nemo]!

johnny depp was brilliant. orlando bloom just stood around looking pretty and having minimal lines :D don't get me wrong, he IS hot, but johnny is SUCH an excellent actor!! lol i never expected it to be so freaking hilarious :D can't wait til it comes out on dvd!!

[mr gibbs tells will a ridiculous story about how captain jack got off an island, with only a pistol and one bullet by finding some sea turtles and roping them together]
will: "what did he use for rope?"
mr. gibbs: "uh, well..."
[they both look up and see jack standing there]
jack: "human hair. from my back."

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

will: "where is elizabeth?"
jack: [slaps hand] "she's safe just like i promised, she's set to marry norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. so you see we are all men of our word really... except for elizabeth, who is, in fact, a woman..."

jack: "do you have the courage and the fortitude to follow orders and stay true in the face of danger and almost certain death?"

jack: "why is the rum gone?"
elizabeth: "one, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. the entire royal navy is out looking for me, do you really think that there is even the slightest chance that they wont see it?"
jack: "but why is the rum gone?!"

Fry

love those quotes bub! i printed the script from the net and went around all day saying those lines and everyone in my family was like, 'you still cant get over that movie, can you?' my fav quote is the rum one...simply hilarious!! i love it when Sparrow says 'savvy' and 'opportune moment'...i use it in my everyday speech now, lol :)

Leap

free falling
HSC
i was confused with the whole curse thing myself. how long were they cursed???
They were all cursed until they had returned all the coins and repaid the blood. They needed Will's blood because Bill Turner was the only one who had not returned the coin and spilt his blood, as Barbossa killed him before they realised they needed his blood.

HSC
ohhhh. i must have been too busy eating popcorn when they said it. lol! the part when jack sparrow got the curse freaked me out for a while but he's still cool

Huy

HSC
N/A
I saw this last night... sorry I'm a bit late, but I just have one thing to say:

Elizabeth Swan is so damn HOT!!!!!!

:D :D

She reminded me of Wynona Rider a few times... but hot damn, she's beautiful!

*wipes drool from mouth*

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Haha, I would say typical male, but I can't talk. Me, Orlando & Johnny Depp...*drool*

evenstar

i think she would be damn hot too if she didnt keep doing the pouty lip thing. either way, i liked depp and bloom with a bit of a mo. yumm...

oh, and they were cursed for about 8 - 10 years. they were cursed because they stole the coins. they spent and gave the coins away, until they realised that they were cursed and needed them back. is that clear enough?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by evenstar
i think she would be damn hot too if she didnt keep doing the pouty lip thing.
I have to go see it again just to watch out for this "pouting lip thing"

But I paid attention to her throughout the film :D :p

...you'll never guess what I went out and hired tonight!
'Bend it like Beckham'
:D

"jules" is played by keira knightley! oh yeah!

shorter hair, more sporty (plays soccer), she's gorgeous!!! :)

*dies*

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by evenstar
i think she would be damn hot too if she didnt keep doing the pouty lip thing. either way, i liked depp and bloom with a bit of a mo. yumm...

oh, and they were cursed for about 8 - 10 years. they were cursed because they stole the coins. they spent and gave the coins away, until they realised that they were cursed and needed them back. is that clear enough?
why do they need bloom's blood then
knightly looks SO much better in this film than 'BECKHAM"

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dirty dave
knightly looks SO much better in this film than 'BECKHAM"
Yeah, I preferred her in 'Pirates', much more elegant (I'm a sucker for lady-like prim and proper girls :))

Nice mannerisms too... and the corset *sigh*

Leap

free falling
HSC
Originally posted by dirty dave
why do they need bloom's blood then
Because he was the only descendent of Bill Turner and Bill Turner was the only one who had not repaid the blood and returned his coin.

Fry

i love watching movies and picking out the mistakes and since ive already seen POTC for the like, the one billionth time, i noticed it had loads of mistakes. check out this website: http://moviemistakes.com/film3372 It lists all the mistakes and some are quite funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)