• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

pill question (1 Viewer)

jen23

im so lost, i read the little instruction booklet that came in the box and it says if you take an active pill on the first day of your period it is effective straight away, if you take an active pill in days 2 - 5 then its not effective for a week, and if you take it any other time, its a month. (i cant believe it took me this long to think of reading the booklet.. )

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Cyph said:
the pill doesn't make women fat, it's just an excuse for being fat :p:D

*runs and hides*
ahahahahahahaha

everytime i want to lose weight fast i should so just go off the pill for a week :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yulia said:
While this can be true, a majority of girls don't experience regular cycles, and anything can throw it off, it IS possible for a new egg to be produced while you are menstruating, it doesn't immediately go to the uterus tho, the journey takes a few days, and unless the girl can tell she has just began ovulating (some can, but seeing as if it happens while they're menstruating they're probably in pain already and then aren't able to tell), she can't know if she's ovulated or not while menstruating. And this just causes more problems, if you get pregnant while the egg is still in your ovary, you end up with an ectopic pregnancy.
Let me just clear up a few things from this:

1. Majority of girls do experience a regular cycle, thats why its called regular. Its definitely true that lots of girls don't, but its definitely not a majority.

2. From the time an ovary releases an egg, it is 'alive' for 24 hours...this includes the journey to the uterus.

3. An ectopic pregnancy doesn't occur in the ovaries, it occurs in the fallopian tube

4. I was not saying that you can take the pill and just go 'yahoo im protected'...this is in theory as I said....it is completely true for those of us who have regular cycles, but if you're not sure when you ovulate then obviously its gonna be best to wait a month until to be sure. I was simply pointing out that it is indeed true, but that there are warnings attached.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
if you want to know try www.scarleteen.com its american but okay for info and that sort of thing

best thing would be to ask your doctor i would imagine
wouldnt they have the best advice for you and your body

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)