• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Piercings and Tattoos (1 Viewer)

Piercings and Tats

• I have piercings (state how many/where)

Votes: 515 54.1%
  • I have tattoos (what/where)

Votes: 32 3.4%
  • I have piercings and tattoos

Votes: 69 7.2%
  • I have neither.

Votes: 336 35.3%

• Total voters

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
yeah, some people say tragus doesn't really hurt.

I lost my lip ring. Never make out with someone when you're wearing a lip ring.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
if a tattoo is cheap, its dodgy.
when it comes to tattoos, the more expensive it is, the more better it will be, the less chance of catching infection etc.

i payed $90 for my tattoo, and its quite small. I got it done in a non-dodgy place, everything was steralized properly etc. i got a proper dressing on after it and got given proper after care instructions and proper tattoo moisturiser.

my friend to went to a dodgy cheap place, and she got none of that. she even got a folded up paper towel over her tattoo, held to her skin by sticky tape, instead of a proper dressing. her tatto is approx the same size as mine, and she payed $55. the day she got it done, it was bleeding heaps and she said it was heaps painful etc.
why? coz it was cheap and dodgy.
not neccesarily...

it just depends where u go...u always look if they r a member of a tattoo organisation, or have won awrds...my tat only cost $60-70 (cant remember)...and its not dodgy, but i did know the guy! (done in byron 'creative tatoo art')

places in the city are generally more expensive....

i got proper dressing...etc

and you only have to wait 2 weeks to surf!!!

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i know a guy who had a lip ring, and he never lost it when pashing.
or doing other sexual activities.

and ive never lost my lip stud pashing.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yeah i went through a stage where i wanted heaps of piercings.
I got my ears at 12, then my belly button at 14 then my nose at 15 and my tongue at 16. I hated the tongue one cos it was all metallic when i ate, and it made me sound perpetually drunk. The nose one made me look like a gypsy.
I hardly even wear earrings anymore, although the belly ring was the best $180 i have ever spent...i love it!

I dont think piercings look that good on guys, unless they're a specific type of hot, otherwise it can make them look seedy, especially tongue rings. My ex got a tongue ring and it made him look like a pimp.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
AlleyCat said:
I got my ears at 12, then my belly button at 14 then my nose at 15 and my tongue at 16. I hated the tongue one cos it was all metallic when i ate, and it made me sound perpetually drunk. The nose one made me look like a gypsy.
I hardly even wear earrings anymore, although the belly ring was the best $180 i have ever spent...i love it!

I dont think piercings look that good on guys, unless they're a specific type of hot, otherwise it can make them look seedy, especially tongue rings. My ex got a tongue ring and it made him look like a pimp.
you paid $180 for a bellybutton piercing? jewellry? whatever?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
AlleyCat said:

you paid $180 for a bellybutton piercing? jewellry? whatever?

Sasky

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
how the hell does one rip their bellybutton piercing during sex????
i had to take mine out when i got surgery, then i got an infection in my bellybutton from the surgery (i got a laproscope in my bellybutton as part of the surgery) so i had to take out my bar again to let the infection heal up. and during that time, it closed up. so thats why i had to get it repeirced.

ha ha, don't ask, I have no idea either, but I do know they were making out in the back of a car...

camzilla

HSC
2 nose piercings, 6 lobe piercings, 3 cartilage piercing and my belly button.
eventually i want the bottom of my belly button done and my nipple.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im getting my eyebrow pierced. possibly next week. just need to sell something on ebay :p

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i have ears done twice which is annoying cos i got it before i changed schools and at my school i was only allowed one set of earrings so i was constantly changing them to stop them closing....now i hardly every wear earrings and im sure the second holes must be clsoed by now

oh and i have my bellybutton done too

baby706

ive had my ears done twice but i let the 2nd 1 close up a while ago. ears really dont hurt because its so quick with a gun...it takes like 3 seconds and its all over really.

i have my nose, tongue and belly button pierced and i think tongue hurt the most but also probably because it took the longest to actually pierce. but i think it was the easiest to look after which was surprising because i thought it would get infected seeing as ive had my nose and belly both done twice and they got infected!!! but really, you go through 5 minutes of pain for something that will be there for ages so its worth it. just make sure u look after it like use the mouthwash after EVERY time u eat and drink and u'll b fine :D

HSC
Mine didn't hurt. And yeah like somebody said, if you go to a place in the city its more expensive. Like I got mine done out at a place near my cousins house whos about 20minutes from the city and it cost me $65 at a proper place.. it was in no way dirty or dodgy. I got all the proper dressing etc. I could have got exactly the same thing down at a few different places around the city for about $110. It just depends where you go and cheap doesnt always equal dodgy.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
http://www.pierceit.co.uk/pictures/your-pictures/images/double_tragus-expaz.jpg

is that what you're talking about?
from some people ive heard it hurts like hell, from others ive heard it doesnt really hurt.

yeh im talkin about that kind fo ear piercing, i only want one hole but...two would kill!! my friend's bf is a piercer and he said that it hurts like hell so im not too sure whether i should do it or not. Apparently if u dnt pierce it right- the whole side of your face would like go saggy cos it might damage some nerve?

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
ive had about 5 or 6 cartlidge piercings.
nothing bad happened to mine, except a few closed up so i had to get them redone and one i just left closed cos i decided i didnt want it anymore.
so now im just left with three cartlidge piercings.
might go get a fourth soon.
if im bored and in town and have money to chuck away.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
adsta said:
Yeah, if any piercing in the cartilage area gets infected it takes longer to heal due to the low level of blood in that part of the body. Basically if it doesn't heal soon enough, the cartilage will start to get eaten by the infection causing your natural ear shape to deform. That is probably your biggest concern with getting your cartilage pierced. As long as you catch the infection early, you should be fine.

As for hitting a nerve, paralysis is generally only short term. The nerve regrows unless the nerve is damaged multiple times.

I've had two cartilage piercings and had no problems (along with many people on this board). So the chances are pretty slim.

Anyway, talk it over with your friends boyfriend assuming he is a professional piercer. Just remember that there is always a risk with getting any piercing (yes, even death) so really think about it before getting it done.

ahhh thanks for that :D. I think ill reconsider whether i wanna get a piercing now. My friend's boyfriend isnt a 'professional' piercer, hes a tatooist but im sure he would know some other people. Im just scared of how much its goin to hurt, my friend's piercer said she got the exact same percing done and hasnt been able to sleep on it- and its been a year.

Shaynie69

HSC
Tattoos & Piercings

I was just wondering who has a tattoo? Where and whats it of? Im thinking of getting one but because its for life i just wana do a bit of research..
And as for piercings WHERE have you got yours?
I have my ears twice, naval and tounge done.

Discuss....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)