Physics (1 Viewer)

leb2_die4

HSC
Hi Im thiking of catching physics, Just wondeing if it would be hard to catch up
knowing other students are 4 weeks in.

& Someone told me physics is really hard without 2-unit Maths i currently do general maths will that be a problem?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

jasonn

HSC
its not too late to catch up 4 weeks in, and 2 unit maths would be highly recommended for physics, even though u can still do well if u do general..

u need to be able to rearrange formulas well and theres a bit of trig involved when calculating vectors. Overall, however, the maths component isnt that hard.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Hi Im thiking of catching physics, Just wondeing if it would be hard to catch up
knowing other students are 4 weeks in.

& Someone told me physics is really hard without 2-unit Maths i currently do general maths will that be a problem?

Thanks for any help
I picked up Physics in the last term of Prelims. Did fine. Although I didn't really have a holiday beforehand.

The maths in Physics is not hard in many people's opinions, although of course, difficulty is subjective. The hardest maths you may do in the core topics of Year 12 is to find the gradient of a line.

HSC
Uni Grad
I picked up Physics in the last term of Prelims. Did fine. Although I didn't really have a holiday beforehand.

The maths in Physics is not hard in many people's opinions, although of course, difficulty is subjective. The hardest maths you may do in the core topics of Year 12 is to find the gradient of a line.
Curse them :p
I think if you make an effort to understand the maths side of it, you will be fine.
Though I'm terrible at maths so naturally I phailed physics because of it.
Btw, not literal fail, that would require more effort than trying to pass it.

awaitingtrain

HSC
Funnily enough maths isn't that complicated in physics. Yes I know calculus can be difficult but i'm doing 3U maths and i love it, I couldn't however handle physics, I bombed out BIG TIME. I think the hardest part is trying to relate real world data to the sometimes abstract calculations and theories used in physics.
I'd say don't listen to to whoever told you that you can't do it because they are full of it. If you like the looks of the course and the elemets involved then go for it. :)

ilikebeeef

HSC
Funnily enough maths isn't that complicated in physics. Yes I know calculus can be difficult but i'm doing 3U maths and i love it, I couldn't however handle physics, I bombed out BIG TIME. I think the hardest part is trying to relate real world data to the sometimes abstract calculations and theories used in physics.
I'd say don't listen to to whoever told you that you can't do it because they are full of it. If you like the looks of the course and the elemets involved then go for it. :)
+1. There's harder Physics in Maths 4U then in Physics. :\

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You may have a teacher, like my one - who may use calculus or advanced mathematics in the 3u or 4u course to illustrate points. Everyone still seems to cope however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)