Physics Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Arrowshaft

HSC
Uhhh I don't know. I have terrible estimation for long responses. However, assuming that you wrote a substantial amount on each, I'd say 6-7. The main problem is it doesn't have much continuity.
Yeah, the thing is that was my favourite topic in physics and it sucks that I wasn’t able to convey my ideas to the markers. If I’m only losing 2-3 I’m happy with that, as long as I don’t lose more than 4-5 I’m good. Did end up filling the spaces though, so I guess I crammed as much as possible in

nasr7601

HSC
How quickly does this forum reckon we can get sols for the paper we did today

nasr7601

HSC
how'd you find the paper @nasr7601?
Yeah it was genuinely quite enjoyable to do - ngl, there are places where I hemorrhaged marks although the subtle art of knowing your losing marks as you very well commit the crime is intrinsically fulfilling to say the least.

Arrowshaft

HSC
Yeah it was genuinely quite enjoyable to do - ngl, there are places where I hemorrhaged marks although the subtle art of knowing your losing marks as you very well commit the crime is intrinsically fulfilling to say the least.
Which questions caused this hemorrhage you speak of

Kingom

HSC
Yo guys what's the method of finding kinetic energy for last q using binding energies

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Surprisingly the paper hasn't been posted so here you go.
after an extensive look at the paper. I have made a conclusion. Here are my thoughts

The paper is still just as shit as the old syllabus papers. Literally all it has is 3 'actual' calculations that aren't just trivial substitution.
Lol what a joke, this kind of exam provides nothing but an illusion for future Physics majors. Unless you've done contest Physics, this crap is still useless.

20) - I would say it's a bit too easy just because it's literally a standard scenario students learn in the syllabus. You know the theme park one where there's people inside a centrifuge and the centrifuge is spun but the people stay stuck to the wall. Same thing.

29) - Come ooon. 3 marks for this what a joke. Way too easy. All there is to it is

Should've been 2 marks

30(a) - Poorly written. Instead of a ball, the use of a block would've been ideal. Being a ball it also has a rotational Kinetic energy given by

Like come on say it's a block so you don't break the laws of Physics :\

35 - Useless question. It's so trivial to do and is literally a standard result in Maths Ext 2. Doing 4u literally gives you an advantage :\

Rest of the paper - Total shitshow

*End of rant*

Last edited:

Husky

HSC
Could someone do the answers to multiple choice and post them up?

nasr7601

HSC
*inserts band 1 sample of a mc attempt*

Last edited:

Hscbuzman

HSC
after an extensive look at the paper. I have made a conclusion. Here are my thoughts

The paper is still just as shit as the old syllabus papers. Literally all it has is 3 'actual' calculations that aren't just trivial substitution.
Lol what a joke, this kind of exam provides nothing but an illusion for future Physics majors. Unless you've done contest Physics, this crap is still useless.

20) - I would say it's a bit too easy just because it's literally a standard scenario students learn in the syllabus. You know the theme park one where there's people inside a centrifuge and the centrifuge is spun but the people stay stuck to the wall. Same thing.

29) - Come ooon. 3 marks for this what a joke. Way too easy. All there is to it is

Should've been 2 marks

30(a) - Poorly written. Instead of a ball, the use of a block would've been ideal. Being a ball it also has a rotational Kinetic energy given by

Like come on say it's a block so you don't break the laws of Physics :\

35 - Useless question. It's so trivial to do and is literally a standard result in Maths Ext 2. Doing 4u literally gives you an advantage :\

Rest of the paper - Total shitshow

*End of rant*
This was much better then previous years. It had much more explaining question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)