Physics or Chemistry?? (1 Viewer)

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
Whatever floats your boat and you'll do better in. I can't understand why there's always the annual influx of "help, I need to choose between [X] and [Y] threads", but then again, I probably did that myself.

All that really should matter isn't what you'll do in the future. Just do whatever's easier, and whatever gets you into your desired course of choice. Bridging isn't that big of a PITA (who cares about the cost, right?).

auxx

HSC
Can anyone tell me, if you do both physics and chemistry, which subject you usually score higher marks in?

Just for curiosity.

jessiminica

HSC
I dunno. Personally, I way prefer physics. My mind is suited more towards concepts and applying them, whereas chemistry seems (to me) to be more content...

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Dude, just do Physics
You get to learn about hectic stuff
All you do in Chemistry is memorise compounds and a crapload of rules for chemical reactions.. What the hell

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
auxx said:
Can anyone tell me, if you do both physics and chemistry, which subject you usually score higher marks in?

Just for curiosity.
Usually Chemistry but I did better in Physics because I aced the yearly.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I usually score better in Physics.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Chemistry is slightly more wordy and has markers that are far more pedantic than in physics. I don't do physics, but i've been told by my friends that do it as well as teachers (our head teacher writes the HSC exams for phys + chem). If you're mathematically inclined do physics, if not, do chem (not set in stone). Both are good subjects, and besides, you don't learn that much in secondary school science, so you won't be disadvantaged in uni.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Actually, Physics is less maths-orientated than a few years back, Syllabus change (old news)
But yeah, Phys is awesome

poisonives

coolest member
HSC
there is some overlap between physics and (4u) maths such as mechanics and also projectiles

chltmddus112

HSC
I am doing Physics for HSC and i am really enjoying it..

And i heard it from my friend who both does Chem and Physics and he said Chemistry is harder than Physics for him..

auxx

HSC
Well, after taking all of you advice (thank you very much) and speaking to friends etc, i THINK i will decide to do PHYSICS due to many reasons.

As said from before "personal ineterest > scaling" , and i truly enjoy physics, while chemistry is just a bunch of theory.

All i got to do know is tell my principal i want to DROP Chemistry :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)