physical looks (1 Viewer)

ariande

The Don
HSC
No it doesn't. Some people aren't that stupid. Sure, there needs to be an attraction there, but you are automatically attracted to someone you love.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
I don't think its so much about stupidity as that people have different values. Some people want their partner to have money, others like looks... and the list is endless for other stuff.
Personally, I wouldn't base a relationship simply on looks- it wouldn't work out in the long term if he's an egotistical arse who takes 4 hours to do his hair every morning.
But that's just me :p I've grown out of the "looks are everything" stage.

Jiga

I wouldn't base a relationship simply on looks
Not primarily based on, but it plays a major role no?

IMO the problem with society is that chix are to superifical! :eek: Dudes will go for most chix, provided they are average or better, and have an ok personality. Chix on the other hand, they need some perfect guy who tix a 1000 of their boxes - 500 of which are related to looks (Obviously their are exceptions, but for the most part.....). This has created a culture among males where they are wasting lots of money on the gym etc, because seriously, why do most guys go their? Unless they are playing a physical sport like league, there isnt a real need for it.... and I doubt most do it to become healthy :rolleyes:. I spose there is the argument that chix also waste of money etc on 'looks enhancing' things like make-up etc, but its less dramatic than having to hit the gym 2-3 times a week and having a related diet just so some chik is attracted to your abs....I mean....... you as an individual :rolleyes: . Its an entire lifestyle change.

NB : I dont deny their are exceptions, but the general consensus in society is that looks are everything, IMO, this is partly to blame to the ideologies instilled among us (Paritcularly women) by television.

Last edited by a moderator:

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
the problem with finding the "perfect man" right from the word go is that when you get to know them and see that they have flaws, you become disillusioned with the whole thing. best thing is to find someone who's real and who you get along with really well. not just an "ok" personality but someone you can just hang around with, talk to, work things through with, while also having the physical element of a romantic relationship.

physical attraction is important, i dont deny that. for a healthy sexual relationship you have to find your partner hot/sexy/etc. and sure that's important but it's not the "main thing"- anyone just looking for that is a waste of time.

SiReN

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
Not primarily based on, but it plays a major role no?

I spose there is the argument that chix also waste of money etc on 'looks enhancing' things like make-up etc, but its less dramatic than having to hit the gym 2-3 times a week and having a related diet just so some chik is attracted to your abs....I mean....... you as an individual :rolleyes: . Its an entire lifestyle change.
yes thats true, besides that we like to get dressed up 4 ourselves and look preety we also do it to impress people!
however i didnt know going to the gym was a big ask( c'mon we as chix do alot of grooming), exercise is important! and u want to be fit not a slob, but there are other ways if u cant afford the gym, get some weights , pick up some bricks lOL i dont know or buy the eqiupment or maybe just play sport? guys like these things dont they?
:confused: o well its all up to you in the end, aslong as your doing it mainly for yourself (dont force yourself-unless your overweight) rather than to impress a certain someone for your whole teenage life..

I think if you just 90-100% base it on looks , your looking at a different kind of relationship.. :rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My boy is pretty lean but has fantastic abs, great arms and a good back. I can't say I care too much about a guy's physicality though--I don't really like weeds or really hugely toned guys, but in the end its not their body that keeps me with them so yeah.

santaslayer

HSC
azzie said:
not on the most part.
maybe initial attraction is based on looks but not the "most part" of the relationship. when you roll over at 8 in the morning next to your girlfriend who has no makeup on, without her hair done nicely or dressed in anything flattering, you have to be able to kiss her and say "good morning, beautiful" and mean it.
being truley attractive to someone else isnt based on looks.
Thing is, if you can't stand how they look, you won't be able to stand them for long as more than a friend.

In some ways you are agreeing with what I said. I won't kiss her or say "good morning, beautiful" if she isn't. Therefore, relationships are based largely on how the person looks. Of course, sexyness is hard to define and quite subjective. The important thing is that your partner must find you physically attractive in some way or another for the relationship to work. If you have a great and flawless personality but the guy finds you vomit inducing, then I don't believe the relationship can be sustained for the long term. :)

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:

???

Im abit bigger than him though.............................................................

Lol yuck. Thats exactly what you SHOULDN'T look like, if you want a girl to go for you (superficially). That kind of muscle structure is just OTT.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
IMO the problem with society is that chix are to superifical! :eek: Dudes will go for most chix, provided they are average or better, and have an ok personality. Chix on the other hand, they need some perfect guy who tix a 1000 of their boxes - 500 of which are related to looks
QUOTE]

I totally agree with u mate, chicks generally are just as bad (if not worse) than guys when it comes down to what they expect in their partner's looks, and they say otherwise just to be societally correct and to not appear shallow. Chicks want guys who are better in looks than themselves, whereas guys are willing to compromise and accept much less :) .

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
santaslayer said:
I won't kiss her or say "good morning, beautiful" if she isn't. Therefore, relationships are based largely on how the person looks.

What you're getting mixed up between is someone who "looks" good and someone who you think is "attractive". The difference is that 'attractiveness' means "pleasing to the eye or mind" while looks is purely physical. In my mind, any guy who I love will be attractive to me despite what everyone else thinks. He can be pockmarked, limp, hunchbacked, bald, fat or just plain ugly... but if I love him, then he'll still beautiful. The difference is that it's in the mind, a real relationship needs the physical but surpasses the physical because it doesn't matter one bit.

Last edited:
HSC
I don't like my man buff. I find it a turn off. But he has to have a few muscles at least though. modest ones.

abs are over rated
backs and shoulders are under rated.

drool...

HSC
Komaticom said:
What about the muscles on boths sides near the top of the abs, layered about the ribs? They've never been rated, as far as I know.
lol, no idea. can't say i've really seen much of that.

fantasy8

HSC
N/A
i train every second day to get a good appearence, but i dont want to look freaky, but i feel better and more confident with a good figure,

Pace_T

HSC
well umm from what ive heard the widened/thick back as well as the shoulders is generally more appealing when it comes to 'toning' your body
i.e. the thickness of the back would be done by, say, t-bone rows or DB/BB rows, while the width of the back could be improved by training the lats. deltoids, and in particular, the lateral deltoid head (the one that adds width to your shoulder) could be trained to widen the overall look. thickness also comes from, but not as much, the posterior and anterior deltoid heads, former being trained by pushing exercises and the latter from basically pulling exercises (e.g rows)
ive also heard the obliques are appealing as well. however, a little fuckwit with bulging obliques with a body fat % at around 5% will look like a homo

but only a fuckwit trains a few muscles. in order to effectively improve your overall look, you must do a fairly comprehensive routine otherwise you will look like one of those gay guys who wears poofy shirts and has huge biceps and small ass triceps. keep in mind the tricep should be 2/3rds of your arm!!

it will take ages to put on muscle in one particular part of your body since muscle growth is an adaption. when you do a routine that builds muscle on your larger muscle groups (quads, chest etc) your body releases the chemicals required to develop the smaller muscle groups MUCH quicker.

oh and don't train more than twice a week on the same muscle htey will only get smaller, lol!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
What about the muscles on boths sides near the top of the abs, layered about the ribs? They've never been rated, as far as I know.
serratus anterior, aka "the sexy rib muscles surfers get"

highly rated amongst female anatomy students (as well as married + 4 kids anatomy lecturers).

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ultimate said:
Schoolies_2004 said:
IMO the problem with society is that chix are to superifical! :eek: Dudes will go for most chix, provided they are average or better, and have an ok personality. Chix on the other hand, they need some perfect guy who tix a 1000 of their boxes - 500 of which are related to looks
QUOTE]

I totally agree with u mate, chicks generally are just as bad (if not worse) than guys when it comes down to what they expect in their partner's looks, and they say otherwise just to be societally correct and to not appear shallow. Chicks want guys who are better in looks than themselves, whereas guys are willing to compromise and accept much less :) .
woah. I remember you. you're that really old guy.

HSC
i ride my bike coz i like riding... whatever it does for me is a bonus. I use it when someone is bugging me for what i do to 'keep skinny' as it is often called.

But i would say that a bit of physical activity and a semi decent diet will do all that is needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)