• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Photoshop CS5.1 (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Oh herro.
I am currently thinking of buying PS CS5.1.

I have PS CS3, and it's pretty good, but yeah, I tried googling this, but the websites I got weren't helpful.
What's the difference between the two?
And which PS is the latest and 'greatest' one?
Like I just want to edit photos, draw using my tablet, make gifs, etc.
I asked people who made these awesome gifs+editing photos from videos, and such, they said they use CS5 [Idk what version etc] and yeah...
So I'm considering buying it

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
CS5 is the new one, contains a lot of improvements and enhancements, but if you're doing just the basics, CS3 should be fine for you.

Gigacube

HSC
I think you're better off sticking with CS3 unless you're willing to purchase CS5. One of the new features is the content-aware tool. It's useful for editing photos.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think you're better off sticking with CS3 unless you're willing to purchase CS5. One of the new features is the content-aware tool. It's useful for editing photos.
not really, content aware is pretty much a lazy version of clone+heal which isn't a new thing

HSC
Uni Grad
Content aware isn't even that accurate, I've tried it, it's half fail.
this too, you're meant to use it for a rough draft then you fix it up using clone+heal

content aware is good for this because a decent clone would take like 5-30 mins depending on the image

HSC
N/A
Well I kinda already have the CS5 version.. ^^"
I haven't started to use it yet.
Yeah, I normally right now, only edit photos, and draw+create stuff. I don't know how to make gifs from videos, and like the ones I've seen.
I don't have the link to the gif right now, I'll post it up later in another thread. [Kinda OT lol]
And I've searched through heaps of tutorials and I still don't know how to exactly. D:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
this too, you're meant to use it for a rough draft then you fix it up using clone+heal

content aware is good for this because a decent clone would take like 5-30 mins depending on the image
It's not meant to really replace it, but expediate the process and workflows, much like every update from CS4 to 5. Let's face it, there are only so many features you can really include when the basis of the program is rock solid, and has been since v6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)