People with Opposite-Sex Siblings: Question (1 Viewer)

xceL

HSC
I have a brother who is 8 years older than me.
We barely even talk, hell he went on a trip to Thailand for 3 weeks yesterday and I didn't even know till today....

Guess that shows how close we are :/.

themerald

HSC
i have two bros and a sister, and i hug all of them. I don't think my brothers have kissed me (on the cheek) since ive been a teenager. But we hug, we're pretty close, even tho i don't see them real often. They're a fair bit older than me tho, so that probably makes a difference. My sister and i are fairly close in age, but i think sister\sister is different to brother\brother and brother\sister relationships. We hug alot, and i kiss her on the cheek occasionaly. Sometimes just to annoy her, but hey, i still do it.:haha:
I think people who think showing affection in a family is 'gay' are just retarded so shut up. Its not gay, its family.
Its only weird and wrong when it gets sexual.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Here's a theoretical question: Could you imagine living in a society where it was normal to be very, very close to an opposite-sex sibling (non-sexual), or is the thought too uncomfortable?
There have been formal studies of sentiments relating to incest and data would seem to suggest that we have an aversion towards sleeping with individuals with whom we spent a lot of time as young children (see the Westermarck effect).

See article: Does morality have a biological basis? An empirical test of the factors governing moral sentiments relating to incest

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Umm i guess we were never raised to be affectionate like that. I never think to hug someone and sometimes i feel a bit weird about it because i have some female friends who are very affectionate like that. It doesnt bother me if someone hugs me, but yeah it does nothing for me, and my sisters, brother, mum and dad are exactly the same. Me and my brother have never hugged i dont think, my dad, well he hugged me on my 21st, time before that was probably a few years ag.

My mum? probably the most out of anyone in my family, maybe a few times a year, last time was when her cat died and she was crying to i thought i would be supportive and shit. My sisters? like never, my younger sister hugged me once and i was like woah woah whats going on lol

We just arent very touchy feely like that, I dont discourage it, it doesnt bother me but its just not a need i feel. i do recognize that other people feel like they need a hug and stuff so i always let them and it isnt usually uncomfortable or irritating or anything, just not something i ever think to do.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i hug my brothers all the time, they're practically the most important people in the world to me, and i tell them that all the time, and look after them.

but i have a very affectionate family, i grew up being hugged many times a day and told that i was loved.

imho, this is the society that should be natural, these people are your family, you should be able to confide in them and love them unconditionally.

lychnobity

HSC
My sisters are more on the affectionate side, so I get tackled a fair bit. I don't mind though. They have a habit of leaning and moping around everywhere but yeah, no kissing or anything.

Scissors

HSC
seriously, it's so uncomfortable reading this thread.

Dr_Test

HSC
N/A
What's even more uncomfortable is trying to figure out who's idea it was to move it to the "Love & Relationships" section. I think that's the reason for the sour replies homing in around incest.

Last edited:

anari

HSC
me and my brother hate each other. and not just sibling hate. hate hate. we dont respect eachother and/or care if the other one died....

depressing... but he is a absoulute jerk.:burn:

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I don't have a brother, but I think if I did, we'd be close. I don't think sibling affection is weird until people make it weird. My sister and I are mega close, we hug lots and basically do everything together.

Lol, sometimes we'll be going shopping, and she'll give me a bit of whatever she's eating and we'll both be like 'damnnn, we look like a lesbian couple.. oh well'.

Wait, that might be seen as weird, haha. But it's not. We're just really close- its how we were brought up =)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
No, the part where we're like, we look gay. Oh well =)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Wow, Fritzl? Bit of an exaggeration, I think.

Dr_Test

HSC
N/A
I have sex with my siblings.
I'm still assuming you're joking, though... If not, you'll have to clarify.
Hollieee said:
I don't think sibling affection is weird until people make it weird.
Yeah. The thought might not very comfortable for some, but for those who DO make use of it, by all means, let them be... They're the lucky ones.

closmo

HSC
I have to say I'm pretty close with both my sister and my brother.

Like we'll hug each other, but we don't act like married people, cos that's... odd.

But we do bicker at times and then we are the best of friends at other times. I know if I was at a movie theatre then I could always bury my head into my brother's shoulder (not that I do, I don't tend to get scared, but my little sister does) and he'd make sure I was alright.

Barmble

HSC
I don't even know how to talk to my family members :confused: let alone fuck them or whatever you're talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)