people at usyd (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by monopoly19
I always knew that usyd had a rep for being the equivalent of a private/independent high school, but I didn't think that there would actually be so many dickheads around who think the sun shines out of their arses.

Argh. It's been really bugging me. I just want to smack them over the head and tell them to get over themselves.

I think people from the colleges are the main offenders (though this may just have been my experience).

eg. Keypadsm. :p :p :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
for me, i use it to keep schedules, and wat to do, my contacts, everything can be synced with your PC, and you can play games, use it as a mp3 player, and it's very portable, and also i use it to learn about programming for mobile devices.
wow- so how good is the mp3 player compatibility?? also what sorta games do u play wif it...and is there any other common uses that might apply to me- coz i'm thinking of getting one to complement my 5110 mobile fone. :D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
wow- so how good is the mp3 player compatibility?? also what sorta games do u play wif it...and is there any other common uses that might apply to me- coz i'm thinking of getting one to complement my 5110 mobile fone. :D
errr it's not a mobile phone... you have to get the mobile specific ones, i.e. the XDA 2 is a good one, cost more than my one, but just slightly, i didnt want the phone version because i use it a lot and if i use it as a phone ill drain the batteries.

Well essentially it's pretty much a PC and it acts as one, just smaller. Games? ummm i lost Quake 3D but i still got age of empires.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
errr it's not a mobile phone... you have to get the mobile specific ones, i.e. the XDA 2 is a good one, cost more than my one, but just slightly, i didnt want the phone version because i use it a lot and if i use it as a phone ill drain the batteries.

Well essentially it's pretty much a PC and it acts as one, just smaller. Games? ummm i lost Quake 3D but i still got age of empires.
so how much did your's cost- na, i don't need a built in fone, but i just said that a pda will complement my 5110 mobile fone. so how much do u really use it?? i.e how long do the batteries last??

:eek: so u can actually play age of empires on a pda?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i agree there are a lot of ppl who come across as snobs, especially when they get all dressed up for uni and are obviously wealthy (i know, u cant always tell, but often u can) but most ppl (only most, not all) are ok when u talk to them like one on one.

People who hang around in big groups like from their school and stuff also seem snobby, especially when they dont really want to make new friends, and so u can fell like you've been snobbed off, but ppl dont reallise how much effort it takes to make friends until they've had to do it. Lots of private school ppl have had the same friends since like yr 2, and feel no need to make new ones when all their school frinds go to uni with them.
Its kinda the same with college ppl, they have college friends, and so are less inclined to mix.
Usyd does come across as very snobby, but most ppl are decent when you get past the initial snobbyness.

Collin

HSC
N/A
AHAAHAHA the top of the line the iPAQ 5550, 2200 eek, that doesn't even have Wi-Fi, OMFG, you could of gotten yourself a 4150 for that amount of money :| where the hell you get it for 700 because the 2200 is actually worth about 500. :|

and you talking about ti in the series of 2200 because specifically it should be the 2210
Pfft, it isn't 500, I was shopping around. Not including online stores though. On average, the 1940 was going for over 500.

Yeah, I didn't wan't the 5550, the 2210 has most of the features of the top of the range ones without the large size and weight, since I obviously wanted something to fit into my jeans. I was originally going to get a 5550 actually, you remember the balance on my bank account. :lol:

Originally posted by freaking_out
haha, why u so scared of muggers- don't u do kung fu? :rolleyes: :p

btw- can u guys tell me what sorta stuff that u guys use a palmtop for- coz everyone seems to b getting one. :S
Most martial artists aren't technically skilled enough for combat until they've had years of training. Also if they try to mug you, chances are they'll have a knife. And by God, I'm not taking on someone with a knife. Nothing to do with 'cowardice', it's more about being smart and realistic.

Originally posted by shelley
HAHAHA yrah collins a nice boy..but i mean u cant generalise anyway just because someone lives i n a subrurb doesnt mean that suburb assigns a personality proto type, take people at face value..besides they proberbly think your snobby and uncouth lengstar...and no i come from the western suburbs so im not defending wheer i live!
Hey, how do you know I'm a nice boy? I could turn out to be real nasty ya know, *growl* ;)

Collin

HSC
N/A
for me, i use it to keep schedules, and wat to do, my contacts, everything can be synced with your PC, and you can play games, use it as a mp3 player, and it's very portable, and also i use it to learn about programming for mobile devices.
Dairy, contacts, to-dos etc. I don't bother with games or mp3s on pocket PCs.

Originally posted by Generator
It is a snobby uni...
Correction: It is a relatively snobby uni.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha growl? hahahhahahaahaha..oh well u know what they say, girls dig bad boys ;)

and yea ive met a few people who get on my nerves but teh large majority of ppl are really nice...so meh its not a snobby uni..merely one filled with alot of self important ppl :p of whom we are mambers..lol

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
speaking as a former usyd student, now at macq... you can feel the snobbish atmosphere at usyd compared to macq... macq is so much more laid back and much more friendly.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Pfft, it isn't 500, I was shopping around. Not including online stores though. On average, the 1940 was going for over 500.

Yeah, I didn't wan't the 5550, the 2210 has most of the features of the top of the range ones without the large size and weight, since I obviously wanted something to fit into my jeans. I was originally going to get a 5550 actually, you remember the balance on my bank account. :lol:

You obviously didn't do a well shop around, because i can gurantee you the 2210 is all around 500 i'm damn sure about that.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
...Most martial artists aren't technically skilled enough for combat until they've had years of training. Also if they try to mug you, chances are they'll have a knife. And by God, I'm not taking on someone with a knife. Nothing to do with 'cowardice', it's more about being smart and realistic....
no, u should still fight back, and if u get thrashed- sue ya martial arts trainer. :lol:

Dairy, contacts, to-dos etc. I don't bother with games or mp3s on pocket PCs. ....
well why do u need a pda for that- i mean can't u just get one of those pocket organiseers? :S

Collin

HSC
N/A
haha growl? hahahhahahaahaha..oh well u know what they say, girls dig bad boys

and yea ive met a few people who get on my nerves but teh large majority of ppl are really nice...so meh its not a snobby uni..merely one filled with alot of self important ppl :p of whom we are mambers..lol
Yeah, I'm really bad shelley, I'm actually an axe murderer :D

Collin

HSC
N/A
You obviously didn't do a well shop around, because i can gurantee you the 2210 is all around 500 i'm damn sure about that.
I've not found one relatively close store which sells it at 500.. or even around 600. Online they can obviously be found at that price, I even saw one 'supposingly brand new' for 200. But I've never bought anything online, and I wasn't prepared to start by buying an iPAQ there.

If I went around all the small computer chains around Sydney, yes chances are there would be a fair few with the 500 tag, however I'm also well aware of the con businesses where they open up for a little while and then bail, in such a way that if you need warranty.. you're fucked LOL, so I decided to buy it at the biggest cheapest retail giant I could find, which was at Dick Smith Powerhouse. Man, imagine if I bought it at David Jones or something, that would of been tragic.

no, u should still fight back, and if u get thrashed- sue ya martial arts trainer.
The thing is, theres a good chance I'd be dead after a knife confrontation by a serious psycho. :D

well why do u need a pda for that- i mean can't u just get one of those pocket organiseers? :S
Those are crap, I used to have one.

people only think people are snobby, if they themselves feel insecure.
Oh cmon now, if someone is genuinely snobby, then their snobby presence will be felt by their proximitators.. doesn't mean that they are insecure, as opposed to generalizations concerning insecurity if you're someone who always slams others to make yourself look good etc.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
hahaha define snobby thou..what some ppl think is snobby is just teh other person being shy, not everyoe is an extrovert sadly (meh im not shy so this is a bit of a mystery to me!) so they might not be being snobbby, they might just be shy!

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wonder what the definition of snobby is to another snobby person.. that would be interesting.

Jessisbored

HSC
Originally posted by lengstar
That funny shit because i found that all the people who are assholes come from upper class snorty nosed suburbs from the east
That is true in a way i guess but not all ppl are like that...
A majority of ppl in my year are very snobby but thats only because its all a race for popularity for them and their lives revolve around money and looks/superficiality. I reckon you'd be wasting your time trying to befriend them anyway because you could probs do alot better and deserve a nicer friend.

But yeah about that comment with the Shyness-i forgot who typed that...Alot of ppl just arent that extroverted and dont have the guts to say hi to other ppl. And prbs in addition to their good looks and fashion they look snobish...but sometimes in my experience they are really sweet once you get to know them.

---Thats just my experience coz ive always been stuck at a school with these sort of girls and boys...once i got so frustrated at the bitchiness i asked my parents to go to a public school but i wasnt allowed. Its gone now but thats only coz they've finally matured.

Aren't the ppl who think they're better and are snobby normally insecure? coz that is definately a sign that you threaten them (i think)

jesshika

supreme being
Originally posted by Adam
Give em a couple of months to drop out.

I'm from a crappy school with idiots (western suburbs), and in all modesty I consider myself at par with most of the people here.

But to reinforce the fact that there are some good people this happened to me today: I met a guy I knew in the line in donought king and he bought me a frozen coke without me asking. Then later a guy gave me a CD of a CAD program I was talking about a week ago, without me mentioning it at all. Not bad considering I am a male.

There are some bloody decent people here.
someone's got a crush on you~ >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)