Peer marking. (1 Viewer)

lil_pembo

HSC
Hey guys, my teacher has started doing peer marking (get us to mark each others work) so we can get a feel for other ideas and understand what it is like to be a marker.

Personally, I dont like it. I know the people marking mine dont know sh*t. how could they mark it?

Anyways, thoughts on the subject?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's after Trials. You wanna be helping each other now, since it brings your marks up. So yeah, I'd have no problem with it.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
From the point of view of a teacher peer marking is designed to help all students improve - by seeing what better students are doing, by helping weaker students improve but...the teacher should also be marking the work. It also helps you know what you need to do - if you mark another student who you give 15/20 and the teacher agrees then you should be able to recognise what you need to be doing to get the higher marks but if you give it 15 and the teacher gives it 10 then your understanding of the expectations needs some review.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How can they help if they dont know what they are doing themselves?
I meant 'you' as plural. You should all be helping each other. That means carrying those that aren't as smart as you. If they do better, it helps you as well, because your school will do better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)