past hsc wtf (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kevzor said:
http://www4.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/testResults.cfm?testID=6097252&testUUID=9C0F4479-A5AB-398D-C65E9B191644C1ED&question_id=160&question_num=7&correctAnswer=B&user_answer=C&courseID=15210&testQuestionID=120020387

how is b right??? there is no <5 ...
Link does not work.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
I'm with you kevzor.. I dont see how its b.

Takuto

HSC
seano77 said:
I'm with you kevzor.. I dont see how its b.
b is right because < 5 would just mean an X whenever it says >5

c is not as right as it may seem. ill let you figure out why if u havent already

Advv

HSC
Are you sure B is right? It's the first guy that achieves the certificate of attainment that confuses me with the B answer. He does exactly 5 senior subjects. That's not less than 5.

Takuto

HSC
Advv said:
Are you sure B is right? It's the first guy that achieves the certificate of attainment that confuses me with the B answer. He does exactly 5 senior subjects. That's not less than 5.
lol yeah its right

that guy doesnt count though. only those that have a X in both = 5 and > 5 would do less than 5 senior subjects

Advv

HSC
Oh shit. Misread the question. Haha I get it. I thought it was asking about what conditions are necessary to achieve that certificate.. -___-;

Takuto

HSC

Takuto

HSC
Tincho said:
hahah i see it now. thanks mate.

I guess it would be impossible to have a result both > 55 000 and < 50 000 then eh?

LOL yeah. friggen tricky questions sometimes.

hate the mc part of IPT LOL!

Takuto

HSC
even parity check relies on counting the number of 1's in each byte and making this number even (by adding an extra 1 or 0 at the end of each byte)

odd parity check relies on counting the number of 1's in each byte and making the amount odd (by adding an extra 1 or 0 at the end of each byte)

there are three bytes in the example (we can ignore the checksum byte since it is not one of our choices; however remember in the future that the checksum byte can also be corrupted)

this means two of the bytes have been corrupted - two bytes will have a different number of 1's compared to the other byte.

----

if the two corrupted bytes have an even number of 1's, odd parity will add 1's to the corrupted bytes and fix the error (it also add a 0 to the UNCORRUPTED BYTE)

if the two corrupted bytes have an odd number of 1's, even parity will add 1's to the corrupted bytes and fix the error (it also add a 0 to the UNCORRUPTED BYTE)

if the two corrupted bytes have an odd number of 1's, odd parity will add a 1 to the UNCORRUPTED BYTE (all 3 bytes would now be corrupted)

if the two corrupted bytes have an even number of 1's, even parity will add a 1 to the UNCORRUPTED BYTE (all 3 bytes would now be corrupted)
----

find two bytes which are even or two that are odd. <- these two will be corrupted

im sorry - it is freaking hard to explain; just keep looking over it and try to get it. anyone else help him cuz i cant =]

2nd question

Checksum calculates the number of 1's in a packet (group of bytes) then does this formula to get a number (you should look over your textbook again at this).

checksum has a major flaw - if you changed a 1 to a 0 ANYWHERE then changed a 0 to a 1 ANYWHERE it would still think there are the same number of 1's - ending up with the same calculation

Parity check detects changes to the number of 1's in each and every byte, so it would detect it - again freaking hard to explain refer to the last question's explanation.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Read the question:
which of the following conditions will result in a certificate of attainment been issued?
B is correct.

It is not asking, what do you need to do to gain a certificate of attainment.

All you have to is read the decision table and see if the conditions match, it does not mean that they all have to match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)