"Particular reference to microchips and microprocessors!?!?!?" (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
the dot point asks the impact of microchips and microprocessors on society.. i know their impacts but i dun really no what they actually are or their components or their differences..

whats difference between microchips and processors?? jacaranda textbook dun have much info about them
and to what extend do we need to know about them besides their impacts?

HSC
Unfortunately, we're not expected to know how they're made.

A microprocessor is a microchip, but a microchip isn't always a microprocessor. Microchips perform different functions based on how the components on them are organised.

yvonne.cheng

HSC
kooltrainer said:
the dot point asks the impact of microchips and microprocessors on society.. i know their impacts but i dun really no what they actually are or their components or their differences..

whats difference between microchips and processors?? jacaranda textbook dun have much info about them
and to what extend do we need to know about them besides their impacts?
LOL !! I googled sooo many ways on how microchips are like built, but ... can't find any info either ... velocity is right =) Gah!

MSELIM2

HSC
I was just about to post a thread asking the same questions there is nothing that out there that helps ahh

Mj1991

HSC
hi im doing a school physics assignment on microchips and microprocessors, on the:
1) history/development of the device
2) basic physics principles
3)modern applications of the device and the importance of the device
so if you need to know anything specific i have a WHOLE lot of information from all these different websites and places and they really helped me understand. so if u have any specific questions.. ask away :D..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)