Parkour (1 Viewer)

jake.shirley

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Does anyone do Parkour? In the town where i live it is generally frowned upon usually with "colourful" language.

I like to do it because it relaxes me and i forget all about studying!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Parkur wouldn't be nearly as mainstream as it is without James Bond.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
jake.shirley said:
I like to do it because it relaxes me and i forget all about studying!
meh...thats a new one ive never heard. Just flip on the TV, on the couch with your feet up, MUCH more effective!

jake.shirley

HSC
N/A
Me and my friends were practicing Parkour before the James Bond movie was released, i don't really care if it is mainstream or not.

Australian television is rather boring too.

puglover

HSC
Hey, I love parkour!
But I also believe that it can easily become a public menace,
usually the few destroying it for the many.
They have a few classes in the city (Melbourne) but I tend not to go..
I am so busy these days.

born2bkinggg

HSC
i practice parkour before the james bond movie i see sumthing on the street...i have to jump over it!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
jake.shirley said:
Me and my friends were practicing Parkour before the James Bond movie was released
Yeah, that's what a lot of people say: "We were doing it before James Bond!", when they just don't want to look like they've picked up the fad.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
running around an jumping over shit in an effort to look like a geeky tosser.

HSC
welll there may be no point in it at all but it excellent to watch and is a fad that helps keep our youth fit and not obese and unhealthy wtchin tv or bein on da comp... i only wish i was good at it lol

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
It looks like it would be fun if you were good at it

le.parkour

HSC
blakegman said:
running around an jumping over shit in an effort to look like a geeky tosser.
No parkour is not that you idiot
The whole purpose of parkour is to get from Point A to Point B in a faster route whilst using the environment.

I have been practising the art of parkour for nearly a year now, it's a very good sport. It relaxes you, it gives you different perspectives throughout life (well for me anyways). Just a note: don't practice parkour by yourself without knowing the different risks and hazards. Luckily for me i get taught how to parkour so i practise it the safe way without injuring myself. Yeah you sometimes fall while vaulting over an obstacle or banging your knee when trying to climb over a wall, but that's just a stepping stone. You learn from that so the next time you try ot, you won't hurt yourself again.

People might think that it's a dangerous sport, but the true fact is that it is only dangerous if you make it dangerous. I haven't been climbing up carparks or whatever but my counterparts have. They are skilled enough to do it. I chose what i want to do. All i focus on are the normal rails; doing the underbar, lazy vaulting, cat jumping. It's something i feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

yer8899

HSC
le.parkour said:
No parkour is not that you idiot
The whole purpose of parkour is to get from Point A to Point B in a faster route whilst using the environment.

I have been practising the art of parkour for nearly a year now, it's a very good sport. It relaxes you, it gives you different perspectives throughout life (well for me anyways). Just a note: don't practice parkour by yourself without knowing the different risks and hazards. Luckily for me i get taught how to parkour so i practise it the safe way without injuring myself. Yeah you sometimes fall while vaulting over an obstacle or banging your knee when trying to climb over a wall, but that's just a stepping stone. You learn from that so the next time you try ot, you won't hurt yourself again.

People might think that it's a dangerous sport, but the true fact is that it is only dangerous if you make it dangerous. I haven't been climbing up carparks or whatever but my counterparts have. They are skilled enough to do it. I chose what i want to do. All i focus on are the normal rails; doing the underbar, lazy vaulting, cat jumping. It's something i feel comfortable with.
i can see why it could be useful if you were getting chased, but if your just doing it for fun, then you do like a tosser.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
le.parkour said:
I have been practising the art of parkour for nearly a year now, it's a very good sport. .
It's not a sport.

le.parkour

HSC
yer8899 said:
i can see why it could be useful if you were getting chased, but if your just doing it for fun, then you do like a tosser.
you can call it whatever you want.
I'm just training for it anyways, it's what i enjoy doing.
That's what people do, they train so that they get better, they get stronger physically and mentally

Russdog

russell
HSC
yer8899 said:
you're the fucking tosser. i don't parkour but if i were to see people run past me doing it they'd get nuff respect and mad propzz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)