Paris Terror Attack (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
reminds me of that quote

"My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel"
I'm going to create another thread about oil reserves, because from the Paris attack we've come all the way to talking about the topic, to crude oil along with Saudi Arabia.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
Arab World Protests Charlie Hebdo Caricature Of Mohammed
Fri, 16th Jan 2015 16:06

Cairo (Alliance News) - Thousands of people around the Arab World took to the streets Friday to protest a caricature of the Prophet Mohammed crying on the cover of the latest edition of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, which suffered a deadly terrorist attack last week.

In Jordan, people taking part in a massive rally against Charlie Hebdo clashed with police after they were prevented from marching to the French embassy in the capital Amman, media said. No casualties were reported.

Police briefly arrested four protesters, Jordanian independent newspaper Alaraby Alyawm reported.

The demonstrators carried placards reading: "Freedom of expression doesn't mean offending our beliefs."

Thousands of angry Algerians demonstrated in the centre of the capital Algiers.

"I follow Mohammed!" the protesters chanted amid a heavy police presence.

"The Kouachis are martyrs," they also cried, referring to the two Islamist brothers who killed 12 people in the attack on the Paris office of the magazine.

No violence occurred at the rally.

In Jerusalem, several hundred Palestinians gathered on the Temple Mount after Friday prayers to denounce the magazine cover and burn the French flag, Palestinian news agency Maan reported.

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem had earlier denounced the depiction of Mohammed, but had also spoken out against all forms of terrorism.

Charlie Hebdo released a sell-out issue on Wednesday with the weeping Mohammed holding a sign with the slogan of solidarity adopted by those who condemn the attack "Je suis Charlie" (I am Charlie) under the cover headline "All is forgiven."

Most Islamic scholars strictly prohibit depictions of Mohammed and other prophets, regarding this as irreverent.

Charlie Hebdo's cover was a clear message from the surviving staff members of the weekly that the killings would not intimidate them into changing their provocative sense of humour.

The offices of the magazine were firebombed in November 2011 after it published a spoof issue that featured the prophet Mohammed as editor.

In 2006, Charlie Hebdo angered Muslims by re-publishing cartoons lampooning the prophet that had first appeared in Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten.
http://www.lse.co.uk/AllNews.asp?co...Protests_Charlie_Hebdo_Caricature_Of_Mohammed

palestinians: "hey france can you like officially take a vote and recognise us and stuff on top of all the significant aid contributions"
france: "yeah sure, you poor oppressed meek people"
palestinians: "thanks. btw the killing was justified fuck france and your freedom of speech and your embassies"

haha silly arabs

hypermax

HSC
N/A
The west can get oil elsewhere. The middle east is screwed if we don't buy it. And the only reason they can exploit their oil reserves is thanks to western ingenuity in the first place.

The middle east is a terrible place which is why its inhabitants are so desperate to come to the west at any chance they get.

Highly doubt that, Guess who is Americas strongest ally, Saudi arabia. I wonder why..... because saudi arabia is basically preserving Americas national interest. That is the same as libya, egypt, IRAQ and so on. Why did america and the coalition forces carried out air strikes during the libyan revolution. Its because again America needs a government in place that will again preserve and agree with Americas national interest.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Highly doubt that, Guess who is Americas strongest ally, Saudi arabia. I wonder why..... because saudi arabia is basically preserving Americas national interest. That is the same as libya, egypt, IRAQ and so on. Why did america and the coalition forces carried out air strikes during the libyan revolution. Its because again America needs a government in place that will again preserve and agree with Americas national interest.
America is basically getting spoon fed by Saudi Arabia's oil. Without that, they're basically going down the gutter economically.

hypermax

HSC
N/A
America is basically getting spoon fed by Saudi Arabia's oil. Without that, they're basically going down the gutter economically.
Dont think thats the major reason why there economy will get destroyed. Its because of there banks. I think when the american presidential election begins, obama will lose this time and some nutjob puppet for the global elite will be there. Guess what, there is going to be mass deregulation and banks will make as much money as they can before the market explodes and after a while when things settle down. Do they same thing, we have already witnessed this 2008 gfc, bear stearns, citigroup, jp morgan, Merrill Lynch and many more who basically gave toxic sub prime mortgages. All there ceo's and executives got massive bonus payments.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Dont think thats the major reason why there economy will get destroyed. Its because of there banks. I think when the american presidential election begins, obama will lose this time and some nutjob puppet for the global elite will be there. Guess what, there is going to be mass deregulation and banks will make as much money as they can before the market explodes and after a while when things settle down. Do they same thing, we have already witnessed this 2008 gfc, bear stearns, citigroup, jp morgan, Merrill Lynch and many more who basically gave toxic sub prime mortgages. All there ceo's and executives got massive bonus payments.
So you're saying (in terms of presidential election), America's next leader (if Obama looses it) will take the economy for a wild spin giving banks the opportunity to perhaps make billions and let consumers suffer? Will bread and milk prices rise?

Btw I agree that the oil commodities wont be a major contributor to an economic collapse but it will definitely hit people on the head.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
somewhat wrong
very recently canada and america have been ramping up exploration and building all the infrastructure needed to basically produce enough petro to be self sufficient in the not too distant future
not to mention that's without even factoring in the rise of renewables and new cars

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm

US gets more imported oil from non-OPEC sources.

The US is not interested in "taking oil" per se, but to keep the oil supply running smoothly (the spice must flow). Coalition attacked libya because it's right on EU's doorstep. Not intervening would be a dumb move.

The saudi's are trying to drive down oil so low it bankrupts smaller drilling companies in the US that can't compete at certain price levels.

The people that are fucked the most from oil drop are developing oil economies that essentially bankroll their national budget on oil. GG Russia and UAE.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
america has vast reserves that its not allowed to exploit because of regulations. if things get desperate these regulations will be abolished in a heart beat

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I think when the american presidential election begins, obama will lose this time
Obama can't run this time because he's already won twice, and two presidential terms is the limit.

and some nutjob puppet for the global elite will be there.Guess what, there is going to be mass deregulation and banks will make as much money as they can before the market explodes and after a while when things settle down. Do they same thing, we have already witnessed this 2008 gfc, bear stearns, citigroup, jp morgan, Merrill Lynch and many more who basically gave toxic sub prime mortgages. All there ceo's and executives got massive bonus payments.
Well, you're dumb because Obama received more wall street funding than either of his republican presidential contenders, and the democrat party receives more wall street funding generally. Obama has done nothing meaningful to remedy the situation. He supported the bailouts, he made bernanke chairman of the fed again and chose another wallstreet-friendly chairwoman in Janet Yellen. If there were a stock market crash tomorrow, he would be responding to it in exactly the same way as the last crash. The policeis of the fed, amongst others, under his watch have created the current equities bubble that will necessarily burst at some point. Of course, if a republican's in office when it happens then they will of course be blamed, just like how clinton avoided blame for the dot com bust.

PakiPrince

HSC
Wow.

Wasn't expecting this level of racism/discrimination/derogatory remarks from people our age level on these forums. Its quite sad to be honest how people make wild assumptions and have such a rotten, poisoned heart. Many on this forum act like internet keyboard warriors when they would never dare say half of the crap they post to anyone in real life.

I'm done with these lame forums/threads. All i hope is that people can unite and find similarities with each other as fellow humans who are all on their own similar journey of life. PEACE OUT

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm

US gets more imported oil from non-OPEC sources.

The US is not interested in "taking oil" per se, but to keep the oil supply running smoothly (the spice must flow). Coalition attacked libya because it's right on EU's doorstep. Not intervening would be a dumb move.

The saudi's are trying to drive down oil so low it bankrupts smaller drilling companies in the US that can't compete at certain price levels.

The people that are fucked the most from oil drop are developing oil economies that essentially bankroll their national budget on oil. GG Russia and UAE.
What puzzles me is that the Russian Federation is one of the biggest exporters in the world, yet, they are not a member of OPEC... Nothing political at all

The cuts to oil prices are hurting the US just as much... They are hurting their "recovery" (if you can call it that, it hardly is) because the US dollar is being artificially inflated by weakening oil prices (because the USD is the world reserve currency)... This is effectively cutting out industries which would be key to that recovery such as manufacturing industry for the US (eg: to make Detroit look less like down town Baghdad...)

IF, it is a political move against Russia and others by the US (as some would like to proclaim)... It is hurting the US just as much as Russia...

If anything, it is hurting the EU the most out of that whole barrel of fish...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
What puzzles me is that the Russian Federation is one of the biggest exporters in the world, yet, they are not a member of OPEC... Nothing political at all

The cuts to oil prices are hurting the US just as much... They are hurting their "recovery" (if you can call it that, it hardly is) because the US dollar is being artificially inflated by weakening oil prices (because the USD is the world reserve currency)... This is effectively cutting out industries which would be key to that recovery such as manufacturing industry for the US (eg: to make Detroit look less like down town Baghdad...)

IF, it is a political move against Russia and others by the US (as some would like to proclaim)... It is hurting the US just as much as Russia...

If anything, it is hurting the EU the most out of that whole barrel of fish...
Canada and USA are one of the largest producers of oil in the world yet they're not part of OPEC. Most OPEC countries were "Third World" during the cold war that tried not to take sides.

USD is not artificially inflated. It's the world reserve currency due to its stability. It doesn't have huge swings like the Euro or AUD. The oil thing is killing russia more than the US. Russian government revenue RELIES on state owned oil companies, USA doesn't. EU isn't getting hurt by this, sure the Norwegians might bitch but that's about it, they're all having a laugh that oil and gas prices are falling and Russia can't really threaten them any more.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you even know how currency works???

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
most muslim countries will never be as rich as the west because their IQs are too low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)