Paris riots (1 Viewer)

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Cars burn in sixth night of Paris riots

November 3, 2005

Paris: Dozens of vehicles were set ablaze in a sixth night of rioting in poor Paris suburbs, as youth unrest caused mounting strains within France's conservative government.

A heavy police presence kept tense order in Clichy-sous-Bois, where the clashes broke out last week after two teenagers of African origin were electrocuted while apparently fleeing the police. [...]

- Full Article - SMH
I have to say those kids got owned by that electrical substation, so really they were not killed by police, but chose to flee into a very wise place with no threat of electrocution.

Surely standards of living and employment would be better in Algeria and Morocco than these parts of Paris...

Last edited by a moderator:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yeh i have no idea what he was talking aboout . u have to give an article everytime u talk about something

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
On the one hand running into an electrical substation will kill you rather rapidly and extremely painfully, of this teher is no question.

The issue at hand is more the French (especially Parisian underclass), there is a large population of immigrants who live in substandard conditions and are generally an underclass in French Society. This is perhaps the reason that France is disproportionatly represented in Muslim terroism? eg second only to Saudi Arabia as a source of terroists.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Now the punks have copied thew attacks on cars all over the country...if you want a job, move out of France, the French are too racist...Its a commonly known stereotype.

Rorix

HSC
Not to bitch but every post in this thread sucks. The forum has really gone downhill. Especially the guys that didn't know there were riots in Paris, despite it going on for like NINE days (nights) straight now.

7th Sign

HSC
some people are soo stupid they get in the shit and then do a runner and get killed and then fell like they have to blame some one for it,

*Macquarie fields
*TJ hickey

both times police were just doing their jobs yet these crims thought they were chasing them and did a runner....

when they die they blame the police....

maby blame the electricity company for not having a big enough fence :rolleyes:

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
Or maybe we should sue the council for not putting huge neon "DANGER" signs up.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha i cant beleive people didnt know about this, i was wrapped up in exams [ finished now thank god] but i knew about this.

fucking french... always causing havoc but hey atleast they know how to riot! fuck we should have "protested" like that because of VSU or workplace reforms... that sure as hell would have got the governments attantion

chepas

HSC
Schroedinger said:
DANS Paris.

Goddamn it.
A` Paris, goddamn it!

To swing wildly back on topic, it seems that this is just the latest in periodic tensions between the police and those who live in the Suburbs. Also, to get more into the 'why', in the French papers everyone's writing that it's been, fundamentally, a gross mismanagement by the government of immigration and settling people, in this case, of Algerians and other Maghreb/North-African people, as it's that social group who this is all affecting.

ihavenothing mentions the standards of living and employment being crap - it's just that. The people living in the suburbs are the marginalised (which, it seems, is pretty much the truth) from the rest of French society...

All this, combined with general (youth) delinquancy a` la Macquarie Fields etc, has just finally erupted into these riots.

Bit of discussion from French forum, and a bit of a dark background to the riots is this:

[quote="Papy Mouseaux", translation]Unemployment affects about 10% of the active population [in France] and it keeps getting worse. How, in these conditions, can we give everyone work, particularly those without professional qualifications? [Education, even vocational, or lack thereof also being a big problem of the suburbs]

France is growing poorer each day that passes, and obviously the most humble sections of of the population [that is, those in the Suburbs] are the most affected, that is, immigrants and their children

This in turn generates enormous tensions, causes everyone to get fed up with it all, and then creates conditions of a social explosion.
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=2011427&postcount=973[/quote]

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
The majority of rioters are not actually "French", 90% of them don't even have citizen ship the most of them are from:

French non-Muslims: 52,000,000
Muslims:
Algeria 1,550,000
Morocco 1,000,000
Tunisia 350,000
Asylum Applicants/Illegal 350,000
Turkey 315,000
Sub-Saharan Africa 250,000
Asians 100,000
ethnic French converts 40,000
Other 100,000
Total Muslims 4,155,000

That is TOO FUCKING MANY, i don't mind immigration but HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?? Even if unemployment is 10% for all burning down schools and shops isnt gonna help!! My mum's cousin lived in Paris and said that the Muslim population was so large they wanted to create an Islamic state in the suburbs???

WTF???

Hello, this is France not the Mahgreb if you want Islamic state then live there or in America, Canada, Brazil or even New Caledonia cos Europe doesnt want you.

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
ihavenothing said:
The majority of rioters are not actually "French", 90% of them don't even have citizen ship the most of them are from:

French non-Muslims: 52,000,000
Muslims:
Algeria 1,550,000
Morocco 1,000,000
Tunisia 350,000
Asylum Applicants/Illegal 350,000
Turkey 315,000
Sub-Saharan Africa 250,000
Asians 100,000
ethnic French converts 40,000
Other 100,000
Total Muslims 4,155,000

That is TOO FUCKING MANY, i don't mind immigration but HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH?? Even if unemployment is 10% for all burning down schools and shops isnt gonna help!! My mum's cousin lived in Paris and said that the Muslim population was so large they wanted to create an Islamic state in the suburbs???

WTF???

Hello, this is France not the Mahgreb if you want Islamic state then live there or in America, Canada, Brazil or even New Caledonia cos Europe doesnt want you.
Australia has too many gays. The gay population is so large they've created a homo state in Newtown! This is absolutely disgusting, and I'd like to see those faggots run off to form their own state on a desert island then see how intelligent having that inclination really is.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Liberal Scum said:
Australia has too many gays. The gay population is so large they've created a homo state in Newtown! This is absolutely disgusting, and I'd like to see those faggots run off to form their own state on a desert island then see how intelligent having that inclination really is.

lol id like to see that happen :rolleyes:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
If the rioters were serious about change they'd just overthrow the government and declare a new Republic. Jesus Christ, what Republic is it now? Sixth? Seventh? France just doesn't know stability. In fact, street riots are regular features of Paris life.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
leetom said:
If the rioters were serious about change they'd just overthrow the government and declare a new Republic. Jesus Christ, what Republic is it now? Sixth? Seventh? France just doesn't know stability. In fact, street riots are regular features of Paris life.
I can't believe its gone for ELEVEN DAYS STRAIGHT and all over the country. Jacques Chirac is just about to deploy the army and kill the motherfuckers. They now have no schools or business they can work or get ahead in life in now. Isn't it ironic?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I can't believe its gone for ELEVEN DAYS STRAIGHT and all over the country. Jacques Chirac is just about to deploy the army and kill the motherfuckers. They now have no schools or business they can work or get ahead in life in now. Isn't it ironic?
The problem being that he is a pussy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)