Paramedic courses *requirements* (1 Viewer)

StephenM

HSC
Hey everyone, I have a friend who is really interested in being a paramedic.

Does anyone know;
- Which universities in particular run the paramedics course? (apart from CSU)
- Can the course be done through distance ed?
- What options are there if an ATAR <70 is achieved?

Any general info will do !! Thanks in advance!! :D

google5678

HSC
Apart from the above info for the ASNSW vet program and CSU program, there is also a B. Paramedic Practise run by UTAS in Rozelle Campus, Sydney.

http://courses.utas.edu.au/portal/p...schema=PORTAL&P_COURSE_CODE=53A&P_CONTEXT=NEW

As far as i know those are the only available programs in NSW.

And it looks like the UTAS program does have distance ed, while i don't think CSU does unless you are already qualified as a paramedic (without degree)

As for your last question, i'm not sure... sorry!

Last edited:

Dylface

HSC
Hey there :)

I am in the process of starting my journey to become a paramedic. Because I am young, and not yet out of college, A private tafe decided to give me a pathway. This will go from:

Cert IV Ambulance Healthcare --> Diploma Paramedical Science (Ambulance) --> Adv. Diploma Paramedical Science (Ambulance).

I'm going with BETA [Business Education Training Australia (Previously known as Australian Paramedical College); Business, Paramedical and Hospitality Training - Business Education Training Australia - BETA (or ambulance paramedic, paramedic courses).

It's a longer path, and most probably more expensive than doing a Bachelor, but depending on where he lives, the Ambulance service will most likely offer a Conversion course (From Adv. Dip to B., and getting paid for it).

:)

badgerops

HSC
N/A
Dylface, did you complete your studies with this RTO?? I am very interested to know whether you did and how you faired with gaining employment afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)