• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

P1 Restrictions coming July07! (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Oh.. I thought it was just those p-platers after July 07...

I mean, look at the restrictions.... why can some green p-platers drive powerful cars and some cant?

But idk..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think that's because when they introduced that, they don't want those who already bought cars to be left with a car which cannot be driven (and thus resulting in a multitude of complains/protests perhaps?)...

It also comes up on your license :( Sigh.. even my green P's says no prohibited vehicles :(

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
saLLy. said:
My friend just got her Red P's and got told by the lady at the RTA that the restrictions will not apply to her. How is this fair? What makes people that got theirs P's before July a better driver than those who got it after? And how are the police going to manage it if half the people can have more than one passenger, and half cant?
It would be a waste of time pulling someone over only to see that they got their license before the resrictions came in, so yes they are allowed to have a full car after 11pm.
Can someone clarify? DO they apply to everyone? Or not.
I would say that they would apply to everyone because its not like prohibited vehicles where someone might have already bought the car?
they wouldnt be pulling someone over because they had red P's on and there were several people in the car, but IF they did pull you over for say an RBT and saw your license condition and saw how many were in the car then you get a fine. Like how it happens when people get fined for driving without P plates on.

CieL

HSC
saLLy. said:
What makes people that got theirs P's before July a better driver than those who got it after?
You're jealous, aren't cha? :)

Ahhhhh forget it.. I see crappy full licenced people on the road everyday.. and wonder why they should be on the roads and be allowed to consume alcohol n drive..

Member232135

HSC
N/A
120 hours >.< thats fricken bullshit. Thats almost 2.5x the required hours now! thats just stupid!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If people did the 50 hours properly (ie. not fudged), then I'm pretty sure that they would be decent drivers... the only thing left after that is making sure they don't do stupid things on the road now that they can drive. I fail to see how the 120 hours does that much difference if now all that'll happen is people fudge even more than they did before.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
If people did the 50 hours properly (ie. not fudged), then I'm pretty sure that they would be decent drivers...
Then why are some full licenced drivers so shit?

Monstar

HSC
after incurring a near death accident, i now value my license and strive to be more alert. I lost all 4 tyres and im pretty sure the wheel alignment is goneeskis.. but those are the least of my worries.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Monstar said:
after incurring a near death accident, i now value my license and strive to be more alert. I lost all 4 tyres and im pretty sure the wheel alignment is goneeskis.. but those are the least of my worries.
Instead of "i now value my licence"... it should be, "I now value my life"

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Then why are some full licenced drivers so shit?
Because they didn't do 50 hours with someone instructing them to drive properly *shrugs* ... reading a book with your eyes shut for 100 hours doesn't mean you've learnt anything... unless you learn to read the font using your fingertips- that'd be pretty impressive.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Well I only have 6 months to go after they put that thing in, so its alright. Don't know about the first time speeding and you're gone thing, its kinda harsh, but I should be fine. Its pretty hard to speed on single lane roads anyway cause people decide to go at an *sarcasm* awesomely fast 20k's an hour *end sarcasm* in a 70 zone.

CieL

HSC
MuffinMan said:
Well I only have 6 months to go after they put that thing in, so its alright. Don't know about the first time speeding and you're gone thing, its kinda harsh, but I should be fine. Its pretty hard to speed on single lane roads anyway cause people decide to go at an *sarcasm* awesomely fast 20k's an hour *end sarcasm* in a 70 zone.
zomg I hate people that block traffic in a single laned road.... I was driving on country/mountain roads awhile ago, and it was supposed to be a 70, then 90-110 zone... and some stupid bitch was going 10-20kmh around the 70 zone big bends... then went 50 in the 110 zone... and there were cars coming from the other side so I couldnt overtake her... what a fucking killjoy... I'm pretty sure you can get pulled over for going excessively slow... I mean, you should of seen the traffic behind her, a kilometre long queue...

MuffinMan

HSC
Hey just wondering, does the P1 Restrictions apply to people who have recieved their licence after that date or ALL P1 licence holders? I really think that the speed once and you're gone rule is stupid, there should be chances (like what if someone was not intentionally speeding, maybe just 2 or 3k's over or got booked by a miscollaborated speed camera?)

MuffinMan

HSC
same, but does this apply to all P1's or just the ones the ones after July?
I swear, I'm so tempted to switch to a WA licence. (I can use my cuz's addy :) ), but yeah unless it's too restrictive I'm not going to bother. [Too much effort flying to Perth]

MuffinMan

HSC
katietheskatie said:
after july

for the 50th time in this thread lol
so that means, since that I got mine before July, those rules don't apply to me?

Oh and I almost crashed on the way back from work, scared the shit out of me. Some dude was going like 20k's in a 70 zone for no reason, and I almost backed into him :(. I swear, some full licence drivers are worse than p platers. Why go at 20k's in a 70 zone when they don't have to? Lucky I got a lane change, otherwise I would have been fucked. But seriously, the problem isn't with p platers, I wish people would stop judging us :(

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
man
that totally sucks
i just got my p's.. but you know
pretty suckyy man
its not like its all p-platers.. not all of us are bad drivers !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)