P Plater demerit points. (1 Viewer)

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
So i got done for speeding, yes. i was wondering, how many points do i have? like, if i go get done speeding again and lose more points, will i lose it for longer? do i have any points left? Will it have any affect on getting insurance now i've lost my licence? Or on getting my greens? any other implications?
i was doing 124 in a 100 zone, but got booked for over 15 but not over 30 km over the speed limit. $238 fine.
thanks.

HalcyonSky

HSC
uh, if u get done for speeding on ur red p's u lose ur license, u have 0 points

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Halycon: You still lose points as well as the automatic suspension. If you lose all your points you get another suspension.

decypher

HSC
Allowed up to 4/6 demerit points of on red/greens. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
yeah you have 4, every penatly is worth 4 so suck a fat one. When your suspension ends they'll send you a letter telling you what happens. Or call em and ask em.

I wouldn't know, I'm a good driver. I've never lost my license.

Last edited:

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Azamakumar said:
yeah you have 4, every penatly is worth 4 so suck a fat one. When your suspension ends they'll send you a letter telling you what happens. Or call em and ask em.

I'm a good driver. I've never lost my license.
so if i lose all my four, when my three months ends, will they send me another letter making my suspension longer?

chriskoss

HSC
Bad news buddy, if your in NSW and whatever other states with the gay new P plate laws, ANY sort of speeding its an Automatic 3 month suspension... even if you exceed the speeding limit by 5 km/h, doesent matter.

When you get ur liscence back after those 3 mnths, U go back up to 4 points even if you lost your liscence with 2 left..

I felt the burn, drove my dads 4wd, unfamiliar with it, got done 10km over limit, random one off chance a cop on a motorbike doing radar behind a tree.. had no p plates... so thats 4 points for speeding, then 2 for no p plates.. lol.. so I was -2 points.. so when I got my liscence back I had 2... great...

Have fun on ur suspension..

P.S it takes like a month plus for the letter to come right.. and it will prob say ur suspension starts at the begging of the following mnth or at the end... cuz they HAVE to give you like 2 weeks notice (for employement purposes etc)

Hope that cleared up some things

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Yeah i know about the automatic suspension, i got that. it was nearly three months after i was speeding when i started the suspension. i was just wondering about points and if that mattered anything to me. thanks mate.

chriskoss

HSC
Darnie said:
Yeah i know about the automatic suspension, i got that. it was nearly three months after i was speeding when i started the suspension. i was just wondering about points and if that mattered anything to me. thanks mate.
Oh righto, I get you.. thought you didn't know.

Cheers

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
chriskoss said:
Bad news buddy, if your in NSW and whatever other states with the gay new P plate laws, ANY sort of speeding its an Automatic 3 month suspension... even if you exceed the speeding limit by 5 km/h, doesent matter.

When you get ur liscence back after those 3 mnths, U go back up to 4 points even if you lost your liscence with 2 left..

I felt the burn, drove my dads 4wd, unfamiliar with it, got done 10km over limit, random one off chance a cop on a motorbike doing radar behind a tree.. had no p plates... so thats 4 points for speeding, then 2 for no p plates.. lol.. so I was -2 points.. so when I got my liscence back I had 2... great...

P.S it takes like a month plus for the letter to come right.. and it will prob say ur suspension starts at the begging of the following mnth or at the end... cuz they HAVE to give you like 2 weeks notice (for employement purposes etc)

Err... no dude, you're wrong. If you lose all your points you most definitely get another suspension.

Edit: my bad misread it. Yeh, so now if you do something worth 2 points you will lose it again.

MissSarajevo

HSC
I was caught speeding at Beverly Hills but luckily I got my Green P before I paid the fines, and had 3 points deducted from my licence without suspension.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I have a question.

I'm on my full licence for a motorcycle, and obviously have the same number of points as your average car driver with a black licence when I'm on my bike. I can speed and shit without immediately losing my licence for low level offences.

However, I only have red P's for the car. When driving the car, do I have the full points and consideration that comes with having a full licence, or am I under some dodgy p-plater limits and should be extra carefull? Do I immediately lose my licence for any speeding in my car?

The cunt at the RTA was just like "don't speed fag", and was very difficult, refused to give us a straight answer.

F2001

HSC
chriskoss said:

No P Plates is just a 189 fine.

MissSarajevo said:
I was caught speeding at Beverly Hills but luckily I got my Green P before I paid the fines, and had 3 points deducted from my licence without suspension.
For P1/P2 drivers speeding is a 4pt fine. Full license its only 3.

pete_mate

HSC
katie tully said:
suck shit p plater cock monkeys, i have a full licence worth of points to piss away

wheee

haha same here,

stupid cock-monkeys

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I can have a few beers and jump on my motorcycle, but if I have a single sip of beer I can't drive. Makes sense.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Can someone explain whether red p's have any points? I always thought they didn't, but then some red p plater the other day told me he did?
Eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)