P-plate theft (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I know this hasn't happend to most of you on a regular basis or at all, but since the new laws have been out i've had my p-plates stolen about 5-6 times, especially the magnetic ones. I know taking them on and off is a small hassle, but yeah it's a waste of friggen time and annoying and i now keep a spare set but yeah the new external p-plate visability law pisses me off, i hate living in western sydney sometimes, grr.

If i can prove who the f'in wankers who have been stealin my plates are, can i do anything or should (prob not)i get my mates to bash them up and risk gettin my windows smashed or somethin?

Pace_T

HSC
dont use magnetic ones dumbass. of course people will steal them. use shitty plastic ones like me no one bothers stealing them :D

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
lol. do it to my friends all the time. the trouble is that I am a bad liar and they see right through me.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I got 7 last night from the graduation. My car was the only one with p's on it. Nobody gives a shit.

pete_mate

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
lol. do it to my friends all the time. the trouble is that I am a bad liar and they see right through me.
someone should beat you with something then.

This happens to me all the time, and i live in mosman ffs, even with the crappy ones.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Take them off when you're not driving, it takes 30 seconds max.

bellinda

HSC
haha .. yeah this happends at out school.. but the thing is its the tafe kids stealing yr 12's plates.. lol..

we were sitting near the car park the other day and these tafe kids pulled in and went to take someones.. they musta had em screwed in or something.. lol..

all seems a bit silly.. the plastic ones are free ppl!! lol..

CieL

HSC
Never had mine stolen.
Shitty plastic ones.

I park everywhere too.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Optophobia said:
PS: Living in Western Sydney has nothing to do with it. Do you think people in Western Sydney are so poor they need to steal p-plates to make a house out of them or something?
Damn straight or most of the kids have nothing better to do than steal p-plates.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
My friend's P-plates always seem to have been stolen when an officer pulls him over.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, just remove them and either chuck it back inside the boot compartment (that way there's no visual incentive for people to try and attack your car just to get the plates...even though I reckon whoever did that is really desperate), or take them with you. It's easier if you're a girl and you have a handbag with you but seeing as you're a guy I'm not sure how else you could take your plates with you.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I use magnetic. I used to have the ones that stick to the window but went back to magnetic.

I've had two kinds of magnetic one where very flimsy and would fall off pretty easily. The ones I have now are great.

Yes it's annoying to take them off but better to spend the 30seconds (chuck them in the book/glove box/car) then have them stolen.

I see so many people leave magnetic ones one, I just laugh because they will get stolen eventually...the whole opportunistic thief thing.

So yeah sorry mate but not much you can do, it's annoying but oh well.

jirwin

HSC
plastic plates all the way. i have plate holders. its my car so i dont have to worry about them. when/if i drive mum and dad's car then i will use magnetics. altho im not on their insurance yet even tho both me and mum have asked him numerous times to ring up.

my plates havent been taken (touch wood) and i've had my P's since May 28. i drove to school basically all term as well :p

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
lol why don't you just take them off and put it inside your car when youre not driving
alternatively go to the rta and ask for heaps (like 20 or so), so when someone takes one, just go get another one from your car :)

Pace_T

HSC
MuffinMan said:
lol why don't you just take them off and put it inside your car when youre not driving
alternatively go to the rta and ask for heaps (like 20 or so), so when someone takes one, just go get another one from your car :)
coz its a pain in the ass thats why, its been said in the thread already.
i doubt the rta will let you take 20 in one go. probably give u 5 or so and having to go into the rta everytime the 5 get stolen would be a bitch.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Why would they care how many you take? they are free. At my RTA they had a box sitting there and i just grabbed roughly a cube of plates. It is annoying when you lose them or they break or someone steals them, but meh just put new ones on and its all sweet.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
haha thats exacly my point

and if they do, just say im getting this much for my x number of friends, that always works :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)