Overpriced Games (1 Viewer)

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Who else thinks that new games are overpriced in Australia. What we pay $100 for over here, can be bought for the equivalent of ~$70AUD overseas.

While I love my new games, being an unpaid student means the price of said games is sadly a significant stumbling block, and with parents that are wary of the internet i can't even get them online (without resorting to downloading them for free)

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
CD keys dont help you to get the game in the first place...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I gave up playing games for the same reason as staticiscool. For the price of one game I can do 1000km's on a motorcycle.

Until I bought a nintendo DS and R4.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Yeah, it's sad how the toys of youth lose their joy. I bought a wii + mario galaxy and sold it a month later at a $50 loss. That would have blown my mind when I was 13, but I can't handle it now.

The toys just get bigger, noisier and more expensive.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Im into buying shit old cars with a few months rego for <$250 and driving them until the break for now. Picking up a VL commie with no rego for $150 this weekend and planning on driving it around a friends farm for several weekends in a row until we completely destroy it. Im sure there are video games that emulate that exactly

Edit: advantages of living in the country and shit

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
WOW isn't that much but i guess in the long run it is a bit...
It baits you then it will ruin you in the long run.

the cdkey is essentially the only thing you're paying for with most pc games seen they are readily available elsewhere
Until VALVe no longer uses CD Key registration for their software with repeated attempts to use key generators to get numerous games registered on Steam Accounts.

PS2's are mad
Can't have a PS2 without Metal Gear Solid 3.

aimz16

HSC
Games are what keeps us from going insane during the HSC

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The toys just get bigger, noisier and more expensive.
I dont know..Sega did a big ass flop on the Mega CD32X system at the cost of having to buy 3 different system to get "4" decent games to work at the cost of 1000 all up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)