othello? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
FranzFerdinand said:
gatsby was interesting!.
We're doing the American Dream aspect of Great Gatsby and I couldn't care less about the "American dream" so it's been pretty boring for me.

HSC
Shakepeare's alright, the laguage isn't that difficult, i mean come on

u don't have to understand every word, u just have to catch his drift

TIP: shakespeare uses heaps of imagery, metaphors, similes, allusions, personification, the lot, so know them

we're doing othello, pretty alright, i was like the only one that actually read it,:(

the rest just used sparknotes

www.sparknotes.com

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
the pospinator said:
Shakepeare's alright, the laguage isn't that difficult, i mean come on

u don't have to understand every word, u just have to catch his drift

TIP: shakespeare uses heaps of imagery, metaphors, similes, allusions, personification, the lot, so know them

we're doing othello, pretty alright, i was like the only one that actually read it,:(

the rest just used sparknotes

www.sparknotes.com
I was surprised someone actually read that play at our school.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Since we all love Shakespeare so much, I bet your all looking forward to doing it again in the HSC.

lil mon

HSC
we did Great gastby with the movie Talented Mr.Ripley as a comparitive study and we just got started on Othell a week ago. I lyk it.

Cpt obvious

HSC
othello is the best of shakespeare Antony and cleopatra is the worst

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
*grumble* am still going on with othello ( will it ever end??) our stupid teacher is making us do some bloody director log thing - like a journal explaining what we think is relevant to a contemporary audience and why - so we can produce it in our own ( imaginary of course) play!
and to make matters worse we're doing the EXACT SAME THING for extension with the merchant of venice. oh the woes of having the same teacher for the englishes.
*stabs shakespeare*
i mean his work isn't THAT great , it's alright but the story is soooo predictable and the characters are so simple and they do the stupidest things ( especially in tragedies)

emily_713

HSC
we are doing othello.
i have to write an essay this friday and we dont even get the question ahead of time!!
omg im gonna fail!!

hscishard

HSC
Othello is advanced, Area of study is the same for Standard and Advanced. So it can't be.

Study the important acts. Note the tectniques and yea. That what I'll do.

steph xx

HSC
dude, i study advanced and i've always had to link my AOS to my prescribed text.

not everywhere is the same, ffs.

but, anyway: memorise quotes. do practice essays. build your thesis. quote/technique/effect Othello to death.

hscishard

HSC
dude, i study advanced and i've always had to link my AOS to my prescribed text.

not everywhere is the same, ffs.

but, anyway: memorise quotes. do practice essays. build your thesis. quote/technique/effect Othello to death.
Wow. The standard students in your year will have an advantage in way, easier prescribed texts. That is of course, if your school offers standard.

Blushii

HSC
I did Othello in year 9... o_o
It was really uhh, strange? The only interesting thing was what Iago would do next :D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Iago is definitely one of the great Shakespearean characters. In many ways, more interesting than Othello.

lucymargaret

HSC
Iago is definitely one of the great Shakespearean characters. In many ways, more interesting than Othello.
in all honesty the play should be called Iago, as he is the main character in the play. he is in every scene, where othello is not.
he is behind everything, Iago is probably one of the greatest villians of all times. much worse than any of shakespeares other villians.
just wondering what everyone is doing next??
after othello, i think we are doing 1984 by george orwell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)