Othello assesment (1 Viewer)

vaniLLa_554

HSC
During the study of Othello, we had to keep a playbook which includes chapter summaries, character analysis, reflections, etc..

The assesment task we have is an open book exam, so we can use our playbooks. The assesment task description says that it will be based on reflections on Othello and the process involved in the study of the drama. Our teachers haven't told us anything else.... has anyone had an assesment like this? or does anyone have any ideas on what it could be about?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Well, since it is an exam, I doubt they will get the question beforehand :p

Is this Othello for Drama or English?

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
^ dude, what the hell....? are u some sort of gay english teachr or somethng?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
No, she's/he's right actually. Im not the best person to endorse this as I bitch about Coleridge like there is no tomorrow, but whining about texts isnt going to get you anywhere (including me I guess, so I should probably lay off Coleridge and Journeys :p )

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Slide Rule, i agree with queenie. Only one type of person could give such a response - 'a gay english teacher'

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Slide Rule
I don't really hate anything or anybody.

If you think about it, hate isn't a very good thing. It's rather dull and counter-productive. I just have levels of like, and I act according to that.

u and ur euphemisms

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i jus had an othello assessment that was open book as well..
we had to like.. compare the play to the modern film adaptation.. and the various techniques to create meaning..

i usually get like 18 or 19/20... but this time teacher said i didnt talk much bout how techniques work...
12/20 -_-"
so if i say alliteration.. does that mean i have to specifically say what it generally does? =\

a8o

HSC
We had an Othello assessment which involved listening to two different dramatic readings of soliloquays from the play and then comparing and contrasting techniques used and what the resulting effect was. Seemed more like a drama assessment.

DumbparameciuM

Sarah168 said:
No, she's/he's right actually. Im not the best person to endorse this as I bitch about Coleridge like there is no tomorrow, but whining about texts isnt going to get you anywhere (including me I guess, so I should probably lay off Coleridge and Journeys :p )
Coleridge sucks. I like english, but i freaking loathe Coleridge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)