Osteopathy (1 Viewer)

withyou

HSC
N/A
hi everyone,
i was wondering if anyone could tell me more about osteopathy and what its like? So what does this involve, which unis offer it, and how much they earn?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

Che08

HSC
Yeah Wooz is right you can only study Osteopathy at uni in Victoria..

But if you read up on it you'll most likely find out its "dying" out in Australia.. if you ask me unnecessarily as its a great practice.. and as Osteopaths are hard to find you'd be pretty succesful.

DaptoDapto2530

HSC
To become a qualified Osteopath you will need to complete 2 courses. The first is a bachelor of something in relation to Osteopathy, each Uni has their different courses, which is a 3 year full-time course, then to become qualified you will need to complete a Master of Osteopathy. It is offered at RMIT Uni and Victoria Uni, in Melbourne. In NSW the 3year degree is offered at Southern Cross Uni, but they are developing the Masters, which is due for release in 2010. University of Western Sydney, is now only offering the Masters Degree, as they had to shut down the 3 year course due to a lack of funding. I am planning to study at RMIT as has the longest running Osteopath program in Aus and is said to be the best by Osteopaths them self.
Hope this helps.
Peace out!

P.S the masters goes for 2 years full time, at the end of the course you will be regestered with the 'Australian Osteopath Association' and then you can start practicing... Yay!
After all this is finished you can become a animal osteopath... they are really rare and also can make alot of money... if you are hired by horse racing people, to crack the horses neck and perform treatments on them then that is where the money is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)