Optus Prepaid - wtf. (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok so i got a new phone just this christmas 2005, and it's with optus prepaid. now when i first got it, it said that my account will be suspended if i don't 'recharge before february 24, 2006'.

thing is, i've already put $10 into the phone last month and it's still saying that my optus account will be suspended if i don't recharge before 24/2/06.

help.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
do you have turbo charge?

i think it only counts if you buy $30 or more if you do.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
You have to recharge with $30 or more credit i think because the $10 credit expires within 10 days or somethin.

HSC
Master Yoda said:
ring optus you twat
i will if i cant solve the problem here.

ur_inner_child said:
do you have turbo charge?

i think it only counts if you buy $30 or more if you do.

no, im with the 18c talk and text option.

Wooz said:
You have to recharge with $30 or more credit i think because the $10 credit expires within 10 days or somethin.

politik said:
Those $10 come with the sim card, ie you need to put an extra $30 on top as well.

since ive already recharged $10 [it was on 23/1/06] do i just have to put an additional $20 to get rid of this rabid curse? or put an additional $30 on top again?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ring and get your problems settled in a fraction of the time, with guaranteed correct answers.

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Note also that it says:
"*$10 Recharge Credits expire in 7 days. No additional free minutes or text or TurboCharge credit available with this offer."

I have an Optus Pre-paid phone, I get 6 months to use my credit when I recharge with $30...

Collin

HSC
N/A
I'm with TurboCharge, and they give me this crap every month too. I think I've got around $350 credit right now.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I don't think you'd need to get another sim card, but probably need to call up Optus to reactivate your suspended account. You'll lose all your credits, I'd imagine.

funniboi

HSC
i'm still on the old plan, with that chat minute shit.

and i prefer that over a monthly call cap (which i have had on vodaphone),

cause majority of my friends are prepaid optus anyway, so it's much easier for me :)

HSC
JKDDragon said:
I don't think you'd need to get another sim card, but probably need to call up Optus to reactivate your suspended account. You'll lose all your credits, I'd imagine.
as long as i don't need to get a new number.

miss_gtr said:
joe u tool, get on turbocharge.

10 bucks only lasts for 7 days, and most the time they send those "you have a week to use your credit or it will expire" texts.. but its wrong, so I wouldnt stress too much. Annnnnnnnnnd If you don't recharge I think they keep your number for 6 months or something.. ur phone will stop taking messages and calls.. but if u recharge it comes alive again..

lol kylie, yes i am a tool, and a super cheap tool at that.

i think i'll have to go visit the optus store and figure this all out, im still a touch confused, ehhhh thanks for all your help.

funniboi

HSC
just re-charge again and it'll be activated again.

easy as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)