Option topics (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
so which one scales the highest??
Aligning* not scaling. Scaling is something else.

Aligning is done afresh every year. I believe its done on the basis of how well the cohort doing the option topic has gone about the common sections of the paper. So if on average every one doing Q2Q does well in the rest of the paper then that option is aligned up a bit more compared to the rest.

btw this might be stupid but what is electronics?? like electricity??
Simply put it as small scale electricity. To do with circuitry which deals with logical functions or serves specific purposes in a small scale, that works harmoniously together with other equipment to have a desired outcome is another simple way to put it. Quite a broad field in general though.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
cos i suck at physics and my mom's making me do it.. anyways it probs won't go towards my atar cos i will be doing 12+ units..
._.

If you don't want to do it, then just explain to your mother it is counterproductive but I am not you so good luck

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Please stay on topic y'all.

In terms of aligning, the maximum aligning ever year is approximately plus or minus 2 marks.

When you are getting 22+/25 (like me) in your option topic, you'll barely gain or lose a mark. It gets too difficult at that end unless you have all 100 or so doing AoS or 50 or so doing Geophysics getting 60+/75 for the core section of the paper.

photastic

HSC
Please stay on topic y'all.

In terms of aligning, the maximum aligning ever year is approximately plus or minus 2 marks.

When you are getting 22+/25 (like me) in your option topic, you'll barely gain or lose a mark. It gets too difficult at that end unless you have all 100 or so doing AoS or 50 or so doing Geophysics getting 60+/75 for the core section of the paper.
So aligning can be influenced by the performance in the core modules?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Well from your other threads, you're planning to get a 99+ atar so getting band 5's would mean gg

But doesnt matter at all but if you want the best marks then do all the options
They only count one option.....

You can't accumulate marks and get something like 105/100 lol.

Although it seems like a good idea so you can attempt the one that seems easier, it is just poor study and exam technique and will lead to more problems lol.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
So aligning can be influenced by the performance in the core modules?
Not only your performance but the performance of everyone else in that option doing the core modules.

So if say 10 people do Geophysics this year (unrealistic number as its usually about 50-60), and all 10 get about 74+/75, then most likely the aligning will be very volatile.

Say about 5 get 20/25, and 3 get about 15/25 and 2 others get 5/25, what will most likely happen is that the people getting 20/25 will most likely align up about 3 or 4 marks and get a state rank or something, and also the rest (the other 5 with lower marks) may get about 3 or 4 marks extra, possibly more, due to aligning.

Its quite difficult though to predict such measures with low numbers as a group of 5 or 10 people can make a large difference to aligning if there is less than 100 people doing the option....

emilios

HSC
Doing Q2Q atm. Pretty nice topic, much better than Ideas2Imp in my opinion.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
so which is easier Q2Q or astro?
Can't be determined.

You have to understand that what may be easy for some people can be hard for others. Everything in education can be subjective to the individual themselves.

Realistically what you enjoy you will strive to learn more of and hence should succeed. That's why my original point stands from my first post here that you should choose the option you think you will enjoy most that won't limit your ability to access resources/teachers for the option (or if you don't do much in class you can solo it like what happened to my class where everyone picks their own topic).

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Can't be determined.

You have to understand that what may be easy for some people can be hard for others. Everything in education can be subjective to the individual themselves.

Realistically what you enjoy you will strive to learn more of and hence should succeed. That's why my original point stands from my first post here that you should choose the option you think you will enjoy most that won't limit your ability to access resources/teachers for the option (or if you don't do much in class you can solo it like what happened to my class where everyone picks their own topic).
what do you think I will be good at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)