opinions on formal afterparties???? (1 Viewer)

MissGiggles

HSC
my formal's in three weeks (yr 10 if ur too lazy to do the maths) and i want everyone's opinion on afterparties

dont get me wrong my friends are great but they can be complete jerks at the best of times. my friend may have an afterparty with alchohol and im worried about them being a million times more jerkish and what will happen to me after the peer pressure (im real weak) coz ive never seriosuly drunk before (my parents are real strict and i wont be going if they find out bout the alchohol)

Last edited:

suzlee

HSC
Not allowed haha.... I'd be asleep after midnight anyway

HSC
im not going to the after party set up by my friends precisely because of why you dont want to go..

suzlee

HSC
Yeah, don't go. If you went, that would be because you think risking alcohol and getting caught is worth it.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Wasn't allowed to go in year ten. Didn't put up a fuss. Called randoms the next morning and asked how hungover they were. Fun times.

Epic after party planned this year. Epic amounts of alcohol for consumption. Will be awesome, happy I didn't blow it in year ten.

Zippora

HSC
worst hangover of my life after year 10 formal. and our school got sneaky and arranged for this training thing to be on the morning after, to punish people like me

MissGiggles

HSC
i am mostly on the side for going because my friends might be jerks but all our parents are tight and will murder us for the alchohol. its just this friends mum and stepdad who wud let us kill each other and not care

and i think my boyfriend will go and stay fairly sober so it might be fun to see how crazy he gets drunk lol yer rebel me it wudn't start till eleven so id be unconscious for days afterwards. im nocturnal and an early riser so id totally ring up all my friends the next morning at seven or eight to piss them off lol yay fun

btw we're all good little catholics at our school (*does shifty eyes*)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
My year group is wild and out of control without the adding influence of alcohol.

Maybe. But it depends whose throwing it and who intends to go

i love to act

HSC
Honestly, do what YOU want!
But I would seriously just forget about this after party and wait till year 12! Plus, you would have already had an awesome formal.
Most of my friends out of my school have had their formals and said their afters were completely crap! It was.....a waste of time.
Plus, this might same a bit lame but you'll feel tired after a long day of getting 'dollied' up, plus spending around 4 hours at the formal, why waste a great night on going to afters?

To sum it all up - wait till year 12! my sister did and said she had so much more fun then what she did at a year 10 after.

Have fun =D

suzlee

HSC
My school's hiring security guards to make sure nobody brings alcohol in coca-cola bottles or something :uhhuh:

smushieex

HSC
This girl's holding the after party at her house after our formal.
There have been various rumours as to what's gonna happen there, and now I don't want to go. lol.
meh, i'll probably be tired anyway.

speedofsound

HSC
I've never really grasped the concept of after parties, anyway. Fairly pointless to me. It's like, you just came from a party, why do you need another?

suzlee

HSC
speedofsound said:
I've never really grasped the concept of after parties, anyway. Fairly pointless to me. It's like, you just came from a party, why do you need another?

Yeah........ I agree.... apparently there are pre-parties, too!

MissGiggles

HSC
normally i'd agree with that comment on length cause the formal itself is gonna go long enough but catholic schools have a crappy set up where high schools only go 7-10 and then change for 11&12

a lot of my friends aren't going through with the zoning set up due to how strict the college is said to be, closeness to public schools or just hatred of anything less than a private school in one particular case so this may be the last time i see some of these people

honestly i don't know what i want. i've got a bit of a geeky reputation and i've never had an excuse to go crazy yet but part of me wants to cling to the smart side of me

pre-parties? now thats as rediculous as the stretch hummer/limo debate i'm having with these friends. no-one's gonna even see the entrance and my mum will be heading there anyway coz we're starting with a mass (*shudder*)

they've been teaching us progressive dancing and had practice masses all year to get us ready for the night

fully223

HSC
Just go with your friends and have some fun. Have a couple of drinks if you like, just control yourself and know your limits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)