Opinions on Accountiing Firms (1 Viewer)

RTTTYTR

HSC
What is your opinion on the following firms (Preferably only answer if you have some experience with them or know someone who has)

PwC
Deloitte
KPMG
Horwath
BDO
Korda Mentha
HLB Mann Judd
PKF
Ferrier Hodgson
Nexia Court & Co
EY
Pitcher Partners
RSM Bird Cameron
William Buck
Moore Stephens
WHK Greenwoods.

If you feel uneasy publicly answering the question feel free to private message me.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
RTTTYTR said:
What is your opinion on the following firms (Preferably only answer if you have some experience with them or know someone who has)
For starters, every firm has it's own culture which is what you (or whoever's interested) needs to figure out based on websites, recruitment evenings, etc... I know this can only go so far, but relying on what people say to you on a forum, especially considering 99% of people here have probably never worked in 99% of these firms is even worse.

Also bear in mind, unless you worked in one of these firms and absolutely hated it, then anyone in the industry knows better than to badmouth other firms.

I think it might be easier if you had more specific questions regarding certain firms. Something tells me you either received a lot of offers, or you're trying to figure out which firms you want to bother applying for.

On a sidenote, you spelt half the firms names wrong :p I know I'm picky but if you were to apply for said firm and misspell their name, it doesn't reflect well on you either.

RTTTYTR

HSC
seremify007 said:
For starters, every firm has it's own culture which is what you (or whoever's interested) needs to figure out based on websites, recruitment evenings, etc... I know this can only go so far, but relying on what people say to you on a forum, especially considering 99% of people here have probably never worked in 99% of these firms is even worse.

Also bear in mind, unless you worked in one of these firms and absolutely hated it, then anyone in the industry knows better than to badmouth other firms.

I think it might be easier if you had more specific questions regarding certain firms. Something tells me you either received a lot of offers, or you're trying to figure out which firms you want to bother applying for.

On a sidenote, you spelt half the firms names wrong :p I know I'm picky but if you were to apply for said firm and misspell their name, it doesn't reflect well on you either.
I havent got any offers as of yet, but which ones did I spell incorrectly? Cause I got most of the names & spelling from their publications.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
I don't think these two were quite right:
- Haworth
- Moore Stephans

In terms of answering your question, I was at Deloitte for a while. People were great and culture was fantastic. I'd say it's an awesome place to work, so congrats to all the BoS guys going their next year . . . you'll definitely enjoy the work environment . . . and you'll really notice the difference.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
RTTTYTR said:

PwC
Deloitte
KPMG
Horwath
BDO
Korda Mentha
HLB Mann Judd
PKF
Nexia Court & Co
EY
Pitcher Partners
RSM Bird Cameron
William Buck
Moore Stephens
WHK Greenwoods.

If you feel uneasy publicly answering the question feel free to private message me.
Deloitte - I did get the impression that they were quite an easy going firm. Some of the grads that I spoke with were very down to earth (as were some of the directors and managers). Also, I felt as though they were unhappy with their position as the lowest Big 4. I guess they've been taking steps to address this during this year.

PKF - I found them to be similar to Deloitte, except a little bit more stressed. They were also easy going. The managers I spoke with were pleasant and sociable.

I don't have any work experience at these firms, just what I have gathered through the recruitment process.

(Just to clarify my position on accounting firms, I found Ferrier Hodgson to be a huge bore. Their Insolvency division doesn't seem to be too dry (especially at the higher levels), but their Forensic Accounting division was very very boring. I'm sure that the majority of the juniors were your stereotypical asians, who just get the work done and leave. The manager and partner also seemed very boring and not interested in incorporating a social life with work.

Not all of them are pleasant.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)