opinions ASAP.. (1 Viewer)

merna7

HSC
hey guys,

what does it take to get an ATAR of 55-58??? having come this far into the year?......i just think its such a waste being at school because of my poor performance during the year in certain subjects.. but my parents are depending on me to get into UNI and i really dont want to dissapoint the (and i know its my fault for doing quiet bad at school!)

p.s i know you are wondering what im going to do with an atar of 55 and thats because i have spoken to my careers advisor about this and i have found a uni that will accept such a low atar.

thanks in advance guys!.. :wavey:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Worst case scenario, you do a diploma for one year and transfer into uni the year after. It's not the end of the world.

merna7

HSC
i know i can do that 'drifting95' but my parents want me to go straight to uni from high school ! thats the problem.. and plus if i dont get into uni straight away ill end up going tafe or something and then go to uni from there..

enoilgam

HSC
An average person putting in a half decent effort (i.e. showing up to class, doing some homework and maybe a little revision before an exam) should be able to comfortably get 60+.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
An average person putting in a half decent effort (i.e. showing up to class, doing some homework and maybe a little revision before an exam) should be able to comfortably get 60+.
This, and yeah just put 15 mins of revision to every subject every day and increase it to an hour before exams.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, at this school which I would refrain from naming, I know people who worked relatively hard (i.e everyday) and still got 50's. The school is ranked 500+ as well.

Not even kidding. Their dux was an 82 ATAR once.

merna7

HSC
what spiritual being said is what is worrying me most because as he said people worked very hard to achieve that and i also go to a school thats ranked 300+ im worrying so much! i just want to drop out ! but then again its not worth droping out now i might aswell finish and see my end result i guess...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
what spiritual being said is what is worrying me most because as he said people worked very hard to achieve that and i also go to a school thats ranked 300+ im worrying so much! i just want to drop out ! but then again its not worth droping out now i might aswell finish and see my end result i guess...
I think you'll be fine

what are your ranks
from what I remember, you had a few mid range ranks which is an appropriate trajectory for a 60's atar

merna7

HSC
yeah at the begining of year 12 my ranks were pretty good but up until trials i dropped down dramatically! but i have three more assessments left which are next week and i'm studying for them atm to push my ranks up even if its just by a bit..

enoilgam

HSC
Well, at this school which I would refrain from naming, I know people who worked relatively hard (i.e everyday) and still got 50's. The school is ranked 500+ as well.

Not even kidding. Their dux was an 82 ATAR once.
That sounds about right for a low ranking school. Even still, you are on even footing for the externals - even a bunch of band 4s there should be more than enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)