open day at sydney uni - worth going? (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
hey guys,

i just wanted to know if the open day at sydney uni is worth going to. im in yr 11 now. but most people say its useful if u go in yr 12. is tat true?

omniscience

HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
hey guys,

i just wanted to know if the open day at sydney uni is worth going to. im in yr 11 now. but most people say its useful if u go in yr 12. is tat true?
Um, it will be interesting to see what USYD is to offer, wouldn't it?

I am not going because I have other personal obligation to attend. But if I didn't have that, I would have decided to go.

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
I went in year 11 to check out the psychology and Law talks. This year, I'm going to check out the Science talks. I think it's useful if you can't figure out what you want to do, because then you can talk to the uni students there.

Also, next year, the open days will probably be around the time of your trials, and you might not have time to go Oo

ital101

HSC
Yes, go! Of course you should go - why not? I really wanted to go but I cannot attend due to having an EE1 Assessment Task that week...it eats up a lot of time, you see...yeah go...and tell us all about it, seriously! :D

bawd

HSC
I'm going to check out the lectures, campuses, resources as well as for the BBQ and freebies. :) Can't wait!

12o9

HSC
bubblesss said:
hey guys,

Worth going but not essential.

bawd said:
I'm going to check out the lectures, campuses, resources as well as for the BBQ and freebies. :) Can't wait!
LOL haha same here =p.:D

MatildaR

HSC
I went to one last year, if it's an inconvenience to go, don't bother, but if not it can be useful. I'm going again this year to graduate from Mind and Morality.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
yep it's worth it, but like other people have said don't have multiple spasms if you are unable to attend. Usually the open days are after the trials aren't they? I know this year's are so you should be fine for next year too, also all the unis will have another open day in the summer holidays after the UAIs come out - so hop along to that if that suits you better.

zeam

HSC
N/A
your uni friends are all going to be asian

barry1

HSC
I went 2day to the Usyd Live! open day...most of it was quite good :p....physics lecture was the most useful....usyd volunteers were very helpful and most people seemed to enjoy the day and get a better of understanding of what will happen next year if u choose usyd....kudos to Usyd for providing free transport from Central to Usyd & for the free USB!!! (if you were lucky enough to go the engineering stand @ the great hall =) ) overall it was worth going to :)

bawd

HSC
barry1 said:
I went 2day to the Usyd Live! open day...most of it was quite good :p....physics lecture was the most useful....usyd volunteers were very helpful and most people seemed to enjoy the day and get a better of understanding of what will happen next year if u choose usyd....kudos to Usyd for providing free transport from Central to Usyd & for the free USB!!! (if you were lucky enough to go the engineering stand @ the great hall =) ) overall it was worth going to :)
Damn, why didn't I get a free USB? I got a Milky-Way bar and a green stress ball, but that's about it, lol. Anyway, it was a great experience in general just to see the size of the University and get a feel of it. People were very helpful, and I want to join the Kendo Club and the ChocSoc! I spent most of the days listening to the lectures that were on in the Business and Economics faculty, and quite enjoyed it too.

I heard they have another Open Day type thing during the Summer Holidays? I'll probably go and listen to the lectures that I missed out on today.

I also ran to UTS at the end of the day just to grab freebies and information, and I'm going to the UNSW Careers Day next Saturday.

PS. I WANT A FREE USB. How much memory does it have?

barry1

HSC
bawd said:
Damn, why didn't I get a free USB? I got a Milky-Way bar and a green stress ball, but that's about it, lol. Anyway, it was a great experience in general just to see the size of the University and get a feel of it. People were very helpful, and I want to join the Kendo Club and the ChocSoc! I spent most of the days listening to the lectures that were on in the Business and Economics faculty, and quite enjoyed it too.

I heard they have another Open Day type thing during the Summer Holidays? I'll probably go and listen to the lectures that I missed out on today.

I also ran to UTS at the end of the day just to grab freebies and information, and I'm going to the UNSW Careers Day next Saturday.

PS. I WANT A FREE USB. How much memory does it have?
heya!

It was a 1gb one :p...hopefully UNSW will have some similar sort of scheme going on this sat regarding any freebies :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)