Onstage Nominatoins (1 Viewer)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
guys guys chill!!! just because you didnt get nominated into onstage doesnt mean your performance was crap!!! its not the end of the world if you didnt get nominated!! Its just like encore for music - there are thousands of hsc performers (and composers) and they only pick out a few out of them to play for some concert. Same with artexpress... It would be nice to get nominated, but if you didnt, you shouldnt worry. seriously! Your aim for your drama Ip and Gp was to do well in your hsc, not so you could get into onstage! Your life doesnt depend on onstage so dont be silly!!

V

val_dramaqueen

except... my aim was nomination for onstage or band 6... and now that we haven't been nominated... that probably means no band 6 (or rather highly unlikely to get band 6)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
What has been said numerous times on this board?!?? Onstage nomination does not indicated mark!!! You can still get 30/30 and not be nominated!!!!!!!

great_one_56

The whole group has to get 30/30 to go on onstage. So just cause you aint nominated to onstage can also mean one of your group members wasn't to the standard not necessarily you

*mad caddies*

-slumming it-
HSC
Actually, I think you'll find they've changed it this year- nomination is not dependent on marks, meaning you don't necessarily need to get 30/30 in order to be nominated (although, you'd expect to have attained a pretty high standard...*close* to 30, if you were to be nominated).

hannahb

HSC
tedious time awaiting

I am so totally stoked to have been nominated for ONSTAGE for my Group Performance, i just can't believe that it has actually happened to me and my group...regardless if we actually get in to Onstage the nomination is so rewarding it gives you the strength that is so heavily need in these next two months to carry on. To finally be recognised for your hard work and effort it is really really really rewarding. My school (Northmead) has never been nominated and consequently never performed at Onstage it is really exciting to have gotten this far for the first time in my school's history
....Just wondering how the rest of you have gone and what other schools have been nominated for Onstage
best of luck for all of your theory exams to come and regardless of whether you have been nominated for Onstage wish you all the maximum amount of band 6's available...lol

V

val_dramaqueen

ok, ok, ok... i get your point guys... im sorry! :)
i just get a little emotional sometimes!

EPOHESLAF

Onstage shortlists

HI! Guys and Girls
My group has also been shortlisted for onstage the only performance selected from our school.. and yep we taped and sent it away also and were disappointed aswell as it felt sooo much better when we actually did it for the examiners!
Ours is very portrays a very topical issue... with different dramatic techniques.
Did anyone else do themes such as this?? from what i can see other group in here who were shortlisted did comedies??
Someone said something about regional schools and not getting choosen?? whys that?
Congratulations to everyone as long as your heart was in your work you shouldn't be disappointed! We always laughed about it and were literally stoked when we found out! all the girls called me from school coz i was in syd at rocka screamin in my ear!
All the best to those shortlisted if we are lucky we might meet!!

V

val_dramaqueen

do we have to keep repeating the whole "regional schools have a lesser chance of getting nominated" debate? it's driving me crazy!!
it's cause its biased, too expensive to send country peeps to sydney, yadda yadda yadda!!
by the way... am i the only country person who reckons that if you did get nominated, you wouldn't MIND paying to go??!! :rolleyes:

chardie2

CONGRATS! everyone.

My group got nominated also. We were so proud. It was our dream come true.

Goodluck to everyone hope one of us gets in.

hannahb

HSC
if u dont mind me asking, charlie2 and EPOHESLAF, what school do you guys go to?...wanting to suss out the competition...lol

hannahb

HSC
hey charlie2, i go to Northmead High School. our piece is both a mixture of seriousness and comedy. we presented our performance in the style of education in theatre to achieve high levels of audience interaction.the first 5-6 minutes you would be able to generalise under the topic of comedy but the last 4 or so minutes are a breakdown and the performance becomes quite serious and confronting.
wat was ur style?
did you have sets or costumes?
congratulations on your nomination...hope to see you there...lol

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
pah! im over feeling dissapointed... if you didnt get in, tough titties. like heAps of people have said, doesnt neccessarily mean you didnt get a good mark.
congrats to all those who did get nominated... hope to see lots of you actually get the chance to perform.. i'll definately be there supporting you all.
mwah!

hannahb

HSC
i dont know whether finding out nominatations before hsc exams was the smartest idea....

V

val_dramaqueen

hannahb said:
i dont know whether finding out nominatations before hsc exams was the smartest idea....
hehehehe, it probably wasn't hey? hahahaha... ahh well, it'll be ... ummm... motivation, to finish your exams and ... motivate you... and stuff.... :confused:

EPOHESLAF

I'm from Mackillop College in Bathurst so we are a regional school that was nominated... Our piece was very confronting tho the audience about the topic of drought which was very appropriate commin from a rural area we were able to witness first hand the devistating effects it has apon rural communities and this is what we portray in our performance 'False Hope'...
I disagree about the whole rural area thing as a couple of girls from our skool have previously been to onstage... did anyone see the video 'Moaning Lisa' in 2003's onstage it was a clay animation? that video was from our skool... and another boy from another school in town was also nominated... we are all just sitting tight up here hoping for the best anyway! All the best.. does anyone know what date we find out???
Cya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)